Cremation or Burial?

What is your preference?

• Cremation

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Burial

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Both (Burial of your cremated remains)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Haven't decided

• Don't care

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • None of the above

• Total voters
i have no idea what this was, so i picked randomly...
tongue.png

Quote:
What do you want done with your body when you die? Embalmed and buried, burned into ashes, or something else?

don't care...
tongue.png

as long as i go to heaven, im satisfyed

I've been to many funerals, I feel it is a horrible thing to put family's through and i don't want me (that doesn't even look like me) in a box to be the last memory people have of me. My father was cremated and even though we had a service for him, it was somehow easier to get past,.... I was 9. He always liked to travel so we would each keep him for awhile on a special shelf, then pass him on.

I had to do the whole cadaver thing in school. Freaked me out and the nursing students got them after the med students were done. Not enough Fabreeze in the world to make me do that again! It is great that people do that so that we may learn but no way, no how would I choose that. Cremation seems to be what the whole family wants. Glad everyone agrees. But ----please don't leave me in a can on the shelf. We have friends who have at least six family members sitting around in various containers.

gig.gif
Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, I know it but I couldn't help it.

We've got part of my grandfather on our hearth. I say part because when he died it was No Service, No Hooplah, Just Toast Me and anyone who wants some can have some to do with me whatever helps them deal... so that's what was done (well they did have a get together at the Comm Center but it wasn't funerally)... Daddy asked "would you like..." I said "Why not?" so we've got a little glass pot on the hearth. Next to the lovely picture of my Gran (not his wife, other side)... I love that photo, black and white... still miss her like crazy and it bums me out that I can only 'visit' her if I drive 6 hours to where the mausoleum is... also where Papabear (her hubby) and Mems (her mom) are interred. Peps will be added when his time comes...

*sigh* Okay I need to go clean something now.

I would like to be mounted by a taxidermist and put in a rocking chair. I don't think it is legal though. So barring that I would like to be cremated and place in a real nice urn and placed on the shelf. with all the other dust catchers.

Back
Top Bottom