Creole Dorkings????

Very Sad news.  My first hatch (red roo over cuckoo/red hens) have dissappeared!  I had them in their pen in the coop with an attached outside pen. They were good sized, and with an adult roo and two adult hens who all got along well.  I went out to get eggs and they had vanished!  No sign of a struggle or feathers, the adults were fine.  It is possible they could have gotten underneath the coop where it is attached, but I don't see how.  The outside pen is attached, covered completely and has an electric wire around it.  It almost looks like they were stolen, but I live in the country, so that doesn't make sense. I went out and reinforced with with heavier wire,just to have something to do.    So upset.  I do have 10 younger chicks and I am preparing to incubate again. But it is just heartbreaking not knowing what happened!  These are the ones that I had the progressive pictures of.  Back to the drawing board!:hit :he

Oh, no! I'm so sorry. Here's me hoping they did maybe escape and you'll find most or all of them in the am wandering near the pens. :( Or, if they did walk away with a two-legged speaking predator, that the guilt will cause them to reappear.

no, we''e pretty sure they were stolen but we still have 10 younger ones and I plan to incubate soon so I'll just call it a lesson learned and get a padlock.!

no, we''e pretty sure they were stolen but we still have 10 younger ones and I plan to incubate soon so I'll just call it a lesson learned and get a padlock.!

Oh, that's just...rotten! And you know it wasn't that they were hungry, y'know? I'm so sorry. But please do incubate! I am serious about choosing a breed to get serious about, and tbh, I think my short list is down to two: Black Lorps and these Creles... :)

Why not do both! These birds are addicting! I raise only two breeds as it got too out of hand otherwise! I am currently sitting here with my husband in the hospital after his new knee gave out and hr fell and tore the whole thing open! Surgery event well but it will be a long recovery so may need to cut out some chickens" ! I won't give up on the Dorkings as I have come too far!*

Oh, no... Poor DH. Hope the healing and rehab go smoothly!

Ivebeen spending the last 18 months settling on a breed... I need to decide what I'll do with the current flock, too. All mixed.

Why not do both! These birds are addicting! I raise only two breeds as it got too out of hand otherwise! I am currently sitting here with my husband in the hospital after his new knee gave out and hr fell and tore the whole thing open! Surgery event well but it will be a long recovery so may need to cut out some chickens" ! I won't give up on the Dorkings as I have come too far!*

ouch.. here's hoping he has a speedy recovery with as little pain as possible

Oh no, Joyous. I'm so sorry to hear it. I hope he recovers quickly.

DH home, now trying to get to a new normal with a long recovery! My birds have totally been on a back burner, but thinking maybe next week I will post pictures and think of incubating! Cant wait until I start breeding these new ones!

Joyous,
I found your thread and I seem to remember this from last year. I am not a big poster but I read alot in different forums. Anyway, I love the photos you took of your chicks at different ages and was then surprised to read that someone may have absconded with them. I just shook my head. My,my...
Also, I wish you and DH a safe, stress free, and uneventual recovery.

Back
Top Bottom