Crested Cayuga Eggs 6+

LovinMyPeeps

Sees Wine Dots
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Heuvelton, NY
Up for consideration are a half dozen plus extras of Crested Cayuga Eggs. This is a pure white crested male over a pure Cayuga hen. I have checked the fertility on these eggs and everyone has been fertile thus far. I am hoping the offspring will look a bit like Sonews Chuckie Duckie that is Crested crossed with Mallard. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=249678 This thread has a pic of him. I ship all of my eggs as I would want mine to arrive, in other words I pack to the max for protection. This auction is for the next 6 eggs laid, but I can add a few extras if you want to wait a couple of days for them. Up to you. The pen is kept very clean and the eggs have minimal dirt/debris on them for a better hatch. I check the nest several times a day to ensure they don't get too cold.

ETA: Please keep in mind this cross can produce both crested and non-crested ducklings.

25649_samhain_chickens_041.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I hope so, both of the parents are incredibly sweet birds they come running up to me in the yard. Good and healthy. I can't wait. I plan to hatch out lots of these
smile.png

Quote:
I hope so, both of the parents are incredibly sweet birds they come running up to me in the yard. Good and healthy. I can't wait. I plan to hatch out lots of these
smile.png

I have 5 orders of eggs coming in this week and next to hatch. If possible, save me spot to get a few duckie eggs of yours next month. I definitely want some of your crested cayugas!

Quote:
smile.png

I have 5 orders of eggs coming in this week and next to hatch. If possible, save me spot to get a few duckie eggs of yours next month. I definitely want some of your crested cayugas!

Consider it done. She's been laying faithfully!

Are the parents of these eggs both Cayuga's? So are these the ones that lay the really dark eggs that lighten up after a time? I'm trying to learn more about Cayuga's and would like to raise some this spring.

Thanks,
Patty

Quote:
The female is pure cayuga the eggs are ivory in color, not sure about dark eggs. I hatched both of these ducks and they came from light colored eggs.

Quote:
I can hatch chuckie out LOTS of playmates LOL.

girls only girls!!! I have 3 male call ducks that wait in line as if they are kind tutts!! They can't reach those girls
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom