crested cream legbar and blue australorp rooster crosses with other breeds, what can I expect?

drangle

Songster
Sep 1, 2022
Southeast colorado
Hello everyone! I am new to the chicken game and I am starting my own back yard flock. I am interested in making cross breed chickens and was wonder if any of you could help me guess what the off spring might look like from my 2 roosters on my different hens.

So the roosters I have are blue australorps and crested cream legbar (might be goldedn crele rather than cream).
The hens I have to breed to are Blue australorps, black australorps, buff orpingtons, and crested cream legbar.

I know the australorp parings will result in blur or black birds what might I expect from the other crosses? All feed back/advice is welcomed and appreciated! I am hoping to get some neat looking birds and colorful eggs going in my flock.

I know the australorp parings will result in blur or black birds what might I expect from the other crosses?

Blue x Blue can also make Splash as well as blue and black.

My understanding is still limited, but I *think* that you will have mostly solid birds in blue or black with some splash and some barred. The barred birds might have blue instead of black in their barring.

Crossing mixes with each other in the second generation can sometimes bring out interesting patterns that were hiding in recessive genes. :)

Hello everyone! I am new to the chicken game and I am starting my own back yard flock. I am interested in making cross breed chickens and was wonder if any of you could help me guess what the off spring might look like from my 2 roosters on my different hens.

So the roosters I have are blue australorps and crested cream legbar (might be goldedn crele rather than cream).
The hens I have to breed to are Blue australorps, black australorps, buff orpingtons, and crested cream legbar.

I know the australorp parings will result in blur or black birds what might I expect from the other crosses? All feed back/advice is welcomed and appreciated! I am hoping to get some neat looking birds and colorful eggs going in my flock.
Blue australorp x
Blue australorp - 25% black, 25% splash, and 50% blue
Black australorp - 50/50 blues and blacks
Buff orpington - 50/50 blues and blacks with heavy buff leakage
Cream legbar - 50/50 blues and blacks, males will be barred, silver or gold leakage

as my chooks are getting closer to breeding age I was wondering if there would be a difference in outcomes between Blue Aust x CCL VS. CCL x Blue Aust?

I am thinking one will result in barred males and the other barred females or will everything be barred?

Back
Top Bottom