Crested Cream Legbar Genotype vs. Phenotype

Here is my 2 1/2 month old pickles. she is mothering the 5 new babies we got. Someone who lives near me breeds CCL . I got her as a trade for 4 of my hens. was worried how she would accept the new babies but it looks like they will get along just fine. Pickles is already acting like a mom.

Here is my 2 1/2 month old pickles. she is mothering the 5 new babies we got. Someone who lives near me breeds CCL . I got her as a trade for 4 of my hens. was worried how she would accept the new babies but it looks like they will get along just fine. Pickles is already acting like a mom.
What a nice picture! Very sweet. I do remember when Cream Legbars first hit the USA, someone talking about very YOUNG CLs adopting or caring for other chicks -- more of a big-sister than a broody since generally they don't lay their first eggs until they are about 5-months old. Those chicks look so content!!!

I said 5-months for expected POL - I should have said 6-months.

Last edited:
******Are you sure Pickles is a pullet?????******
I was thinking the same thing.

@kacklinghen did you type correct and say "she" was a 2.5month old CL pullet?

In all honesty my first thoughts when I saw the pics were young mixed breed male.

Did you get it as a chick? or recently? Also did you see the parent birds?

I was thinking the same thing.

@kacklinghen did you type correct and say "she" was a 2.5month old CL pullet?

In all honesty my first thoughts when I saw the pics were young mixed breed male.

Did you get it as a chick? or recently? Also did you see the parent birds?

This is the Mother and father... Pam said she hatched 2nd week of Nov.

Back
Top Bottom