crested duckling with more than a crest...

nbeucler

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 18, 2014
Hi

Today I picked up my new littles and found a very unique crested white duckling in the bunch. It has what looks to be a toe or part of a foot on the top of its head. I'm seriously not kidding. If you look at the picture, you can see that its pink and even has a nail coming out of it. The little guy seems just fine, eats and drinks like normal and runs around with the others. I'm not super concerned about it, just wondering if anyone has run into something like this before or has an explanation for it.

As for now, the others are not picking at it. Hopefully they continue to ignore it.

Last edited:
Hi Today I picked up my new littles and found a very unique crested white duckling in the bunch. It has what looks to be a toe or part of a foot on the top of its head. I'm seriously not kidding. If you look at the picture, you can see that its pink and even has a nail coming out of it. The little guy seems just fine, eats and drinks like normal and runs around with the others. I'm not super concerned about it, just wondering if anyone has run into something like this before or has an explanation for it. As for now, the others are not picking at it. Hopefully they continue to ignore it.
That's incredible!!!!!

Well bless it's heart. I wonder if you took it to the vet they could take it off just so it doesn't get picked on eventually especially if female and you have drakes.

I have never seen anything like this before.

That's interesting. I wonder if maybe the egg started with 2 embryos and this one absorbed the other, but managed to grow a toe.

ep.gif

Now that is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom