Crochet "Chat"

Quote:
I did! It was a wonderful day.
smile.png
Hope everyone else had a great day too.

Jen~ Awww! That was so sweet for you to make a poncho for your niece. I have to agree w/ baustin that both (niece & poncho) are so lovely! I also like the chunky scarf & beanie you posted.

Queen Scoot~ I love those colorful dish clothes. They will love them.

I've had a very relaxing holiday. I usually host Thanksgiving for hubby's huge family, but it was just the 3 of us this year as I am hosting X-mas this year. It was a cold wet rainy day, but the sun has been shining for the rest of the weekend. I finally was able to relax long enough to do a little crocheting and made a scarf for my friend's B-day out of Lion Brands Home spun yarn (Fiesta). I guess I need to post some pics.

My sister & niece were here for a week and left the Tue before Thanksgiving and I sent home scarves w/ her that I made for two of her kids (my college age niece & nephew). I totally forgot to take pics of them before I wrapped them to send home w/ her. I do have one like my nephew's, b/c my dd liked his so much that I made her one like it.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I think after I do a little cleaning that later I will make a fire and do a little more crocheting.

Smitty Farm Wrote:
Jen~ Awww! That was so sweet for you to make a poncho for your niece. I have to agree w/ baustin that both (niece & poncho) are so lovely! I also like the chunky scarf & beanie you posted.

Thank You.​

I realize I am terrible at sharing what I've been working on, so thought I'd take some time and post some pics.

This is what I use to store all my pattern books.
It's special b/c it belonged to my hubby's grandmother.

Here's a basket tucked in the corner of my living room that I put all my unfinished on going projects in, so they are close on hand to pull out and work on when I feel like it. Wish it looked this tidy now. Whew!! Things are spilling out of it in all directions at the moment. This pic must have been taken after I reorganized all my yarn stash.
lol.png
I have my yarn stash stored in a few big plastic totes tucked in a spare bedroom closet along w/ one of those XXL ziplock bags w/ yarn & unfinished projects in it as well.

Here's a few squares I made last spring for the spring floral swap on the site. I'm sure this is a repeat pic or maybe even some of you have one if you participated in it. I have yet to make anything out of any of the squares from any of the swaps I've participated in over the years on the site.

Here's a pic of my first attempt of making a beanie. Yes, I know it looks like a beret. Something went wrong, so I abandoned the pattern and made it into a beret. It really did look like Lil' Red Riding Hood's Grandma's bed cap. I still need to crochet a cute little flower to put on the front.

Smittys Farm: I really like your granny squares and that hat is so cute, I wanna make hats like that. I like where you store your patterns and your unfinished projects. I like the idea of putting them in plastic bags too.

Back
Top Bottom