Crochet "Chat"

Kassandra that is beautiful...I love making flower squares. My son on a trip home from the Yukon, grabbed that throw in the pic posted here and packed it away in his box to be mailed to him.
I offered to make him a new one without the flowers but he said that he thought they were pretty!
idunno.gif

Do I have to google Alligator stitch?
caf.gif
Just kidding I'll google cause I need the visual.

Thanks everyone.

Alligator stitches are the set that make up the individual petals. This pattern is free on Ravelry, if you type in dahlia alligator stitch in the site search on Ravelry it will have this pattern.

awesome stich had to try it out thanks Kassaundra for bring it to my attention
Your welcome, I have really enjoyed learning it, and it has lots of possibilities, especially for flower petals. I saw some versions of it longer to form longer petals or leaves.

That is one great thing about the swaps, it really stretches you to try things you may never have tried before. When I have participated I know I've looked for cool new things to do so I don't dissapoint anyone getting my squares.

Your welcome, I have really enjoyed learning it, and it has lots of possibilities, especially for flower petals. I saw some versions of it longer to form longer petals or leaves.

That is one great thing about the swaps, it really stretches you to try things you may never have tried before. When I have participated I know I've looked for cool new things to do so I don't dissapoint anyone getting my squares.
i saw an awesome owl made with this stich and i have been thinking doing a swap but not sure if i should i get bored of doing the same thing easly and if i had to make allot i might get bord and not finish and im also a little apprehensive of give out my address.

Some places they call it the crocodile stitch. Makes the coolest scarf, I've seen!

I did my first flower granny squares today. Instructions did not say to tack down the petals, but I assume you'd want to, right?

And, I'm ready to tackle my big wrap/shawl project, the One Skein Wrap from Caron. I just got my Soft Sage 1 lb skein today and I have my big fat 10 mm hook and now, just have to bite the bullet and go for it. Please tell me I can do this!

http://www.caron.com/projects/op/op_one_skein_shawl.html

I think I need to add 24 chains to the foundation chain--those models are skinny and they make the wraps appear larger than they really are. 24 chains only adds 4" to the total length it says, but that may be enough.

awesome stich had to try it out thanks Kassaundra for bring it to my attention
I like that! It's neat as petals and has a neat texture to it.
Some places they call it the crocodile stitch. Makes the coolest scarf, I've seen! I did my first flower granny squares today. Instructions did not say to tack down the petals, but I assume you'd want to, right? And, I'm ready to tackle my big wrap/shawl project, the One Skein Wrap from Caron. I just got my Soft Sage 1 lb skein today and I have my big fat 10 mm hook and now, just have to bite the bullet and go for it. Please tell me I can do this! http://www.caron.com/projects/op/op_one_skein_shawl.html I think I need to add 24 chains to the foundation chain--those models are skinny and they make the wraps appear larger than they really are. 24 chains only adds 4" to the total length it says, but that may be enough.
Those are nice! That reminds me i need to get started on my swap squares. Started this today:
It's going to be a throw or blanket. Not sure. Just loved the colors. Might switch them up half way through. *shrugs* Cat included for size reference and because I love to harass my cat.

Last edited:
You can do it.
Some places they call it the crocodile stitch. Makes the coolest scarf, I've seen!

I did my first flower granny squares today. Instructions did not say to tack down the petals, but I assume you'd want to, right?

And, I'm ready to tackle my big wrap/shawl project, the One Skein Wrap from Caron. I just got my Soft Sage 1 lb skein today and I have my big fat 10 mm hook and now, just have to bite the bullet and go for it. Please tell me I can do this!

http://www.caron.com/projects/op/op_one_skein_shawl.html

I think I need to add 24 chains to the foundation chain--those models are skinny and they make the wraps appear larger than they really are. 24 chains only adds 4" to the total length it says, but that may be enough.

Back
Top Bottom