Crochet "Chat"

Some places they call it the crocodile stitch. Makes the coolest scarf, I've seen!

I did my first flower granny squares today. Instructions did not say to tack down the petals, but I assume you'd want to, right?

And, I'm ready to tackle my big wrap/shawl project, the One Skein Wrap from Caron. I just got my Soft Sage 1 lb skein today and I have my big fat 10 mm hook and now, just have to bite the bullet and go for it. Please tell me I can do this!

http://www.caron.com/projects/op/op_one_skein_shawl.html

I think I need to add 24 chains to the foundation chain--those models are skinny and they make the wraps appear larger than they really are. 24 chains only adds 4" to the total length it says, but that may be enough.

Thank you, Alethea.

I almost didn't do this shawl, the instructions were so intimidating, but I've had my eye on this one since I even had the idea to start crocheting. And now, I can't believe I'm actually doing it! I'm not hopeless!

Here it is with 4 rows completed. I'm sure there are mistakes, but I think it looks okay, at least to my untrained eye. I keep chuckling to myself because I keep remembering an old Star Trek episode, "The Trouble with Tribbles", only now, I think of it as "The Trouble with Trebles", LOL! This thing is chock full of 'em!
lol.png

Thank you, Alethea.

I almost didn't do this shawl, the instructions were so intimidating, but I've had my eye on this one since I even had the idea to start crocheting. And now, I can't believe I'm actually doing it! I'm not hopeless!

Here it is with 4 rows completed. I'm sure there are mistakes, but I think it looks okay, at least to my untrained eye. I keep chuckling to myself because I keep remembering an old Star Trek episode, "The Trouble with Tribbles", only now, I think of it as "The Trouble with Trebles", LOL! This thing is chock full of 'em!
lol.png

lau.gif

There is another way of interpreting that too, the tribbles look like a skien of yarn (sort of) and they will start to multiply at about the same rate.

Speckledhen, I like that pattern. You're doing a good job. The pattern looks like the one I used to make my daughters shawl and I used the sage yarn to make hers too. I'm working on baby blankets right now. My daughters baby is due in May and her blanket is done in one of the "mile a minute" patterns and I'm doing it in pink, white and green. The other is a ripple with clusters in the ripple using a tweed yarn in white with specks of pink and green in it. My granddaughters baby is due in July. I'm also working on an afghan for a friend whose birthday is next month. I'm doing hers with a varigated yarn for the flower in the center, with a purple row around the flower and then two rows of a granny stitch in aran. Will take pix soon. If I have time I plan another baby blanket for a friend that's expecting her first baby after trying for 16 years, using up what is left of the baby yarn I have. We don't know if it will be a boy or girl so might not use up all of the pink. She may have a girl since this seems to be the year for girls.

Yesterday, had a house fire. My entire house, well, almost all of it, has to be gutted. All my new yarn, all 86 skeins, are ruined. My pretty shawl is smoky and I hope I can wash it and remove the smell. My queen pieced quilt top, my commissioned bed runner in progress, all smoked up. Crap. Will have to be out of the main house for 6 weeks, probably, while it's redone. Even the roof has to be replaced.

Here WAS my pretty shawl all finished. I quit at 19" wide, which was plenty wide enough. It didn't need fringe since when wrapped, went about to my knees.

Last edited:
Yesterday, had a house fire. My entire house, well, almost all of it, has to be gutted. All my new yarn, all 86 skeins, are ruined. My pretty shawl is smoky and I hope I can wash it and remove the smell. My queen pieced quilt top, my commissioned bed runner in progress, all smoked up. Crap. Will have to be out of the main house for 6 weeks, probably, while it's redone. Even the roof has to be replaced.

Here WAS my pretty shawl all finished. I quit at 19" wide, which was plenty wide enough. It didn't need fringe since when wrapped, went about to my knees.

Are you and hubby okay? That is terrible. Can you stay nearby? Sorry for the questions..it's just shocking news.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom