Crochet "Chat"

I've been getting all the alerts by email. It's a bit scary. I know the poultry industry is crossing their fingers it doesn't hit like it did in 2015. I've been telling all my friends I be careful about what they bring in and who they buy from!

Gardening sounds like fun. I graduate this year and should be moving out to Arizona this summer. Hoping to have some window gardens at least! I know their growing season is very different from ours here on the east coast.
I used to deliver a magazine "Arizona Highways" . It was interesting to see snow in Arizona. Beautiful pictures of the desert. We'll look forward to lots and lots of pictures.
love.gif

I love Arizona's scenery and those magnificent sunsets!

I've not been doing much crocheting either. Trying to finish prepping my raised beds for planting. My indoor grow racks are loaded and some of the plants really need to go out soon!

Will be buying and hatching chicks as soon as my transplants are safely tucked in.

I've never tried mittens. I would definitely be intimidated by the thumbs.
What annoys me is hands size are not universal. Fact is at work I'm always cutting off the tips of the fingers on the rubber gloves as I have shorter fingers. Anyhow,I do four needle mittens and it's picking up the right number of stitches to close the gap in the crotch of the hand and thumb. I'll do it. I just need to get started. A good start is half the job as they say.

Hello!

Does anyone have any patterns for a semi-beginner? I have been crocheting for maybe 2 years now but I haven't mastered anything really except for scarves and I can't seem to find anyone in my area that I could meet up with to help me!! Any tips?

Ravelry.com has SO many patterns (free and paid), its my go-to for pretty much every project I do! Also, like someone else said, youtube! I've been crocheting since I was a kid and I still come across stitches I've never heard so I search them on youtube. I'm completely self-taught, I started with books and moved up to youtube!

What annoys me is hands size are not universal. Fact is at work I'm always cutting off the tips of the fingers on the rubber gloves as I have shorter fingers. Anyhow,I do four needle mittens and it's picking up the right number of stitches to close the gap in the crotch of the hand and thumb. I'll do it. I just need to get started. A good start is half the job as they say. 

That would be well above my skill level. I've tried knitting and no matter how hard I try to keep the yarn loose I end up with it strangling my needles. I'm hopeless. I crochet well enough. So I stick with that.

BTW, I hit thumbs up on this comment and meant to type in "so true" but my fat thumb hit the d instead of s. Didn't catch it til it was already posting.

HI all!
Anyone here in the Houston TX area....willing to teach me how to crochet?

I have boxes of "stuff" (needles, hooks, yarn etc...) but don't know what to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom