Crochet "Chat"

I use those plastic markers for crocheting and knitting and I like them just fine. Tying a piece of yarn to mark a pattern or a row was a pain. Try them and see. You might think otherwise. Lot's of luck.

When marking the beginning of rounds, I prefer to use a scrap of yarn. It's much faster to loop it over than to remove & refasten the little plastic clips, though they have their place. Usually, I leave a long beginning tail & just lay it back & forth over the successive rounds. If you're having trouble with your yarn unraveling, why not tie a knot in the very end.

I have been "high 5-ing" myself for the past few days...
tongue.png

I made something my son NEEDED....I made him a hat with earflaps. He pushes his hats up and his ears freeze, he hates earmuffs...so the earflaps work great!!
celebrate.gif

I'm almost done with my daughters hat...just the flowers, quite pleased with this one too! (I've made her several, but she wanted earflaps too!)
I didn't think I could EVER learn to crochet hats, and now....
yippiechickie.gif

I can tell you that "the art of crochet by Teresa", (you can watch on youtube or her site either one) has been my biggest helper! I found her a year ago, we've been best buddies ever since!
gig.gif
cool.png
I have also been able to "read" crochet patterns much better now, it's just like anything else...keep at it! (That's what I'm telling myself about the booties I'm working on too
roll.png
)

Oh, here's a picture..there's a loose thread on the tassles I had to fix, but I'm a pleased.
smile.png

5925_photo1_2.jpg

Your hat looks great! So i timed how long it takes me to do one row of my DH's afghan and it works out that it is going to take me 60hrs to make. AHHHH!!!! No wonder its taking forever.
barnie.gif
Oh well. My goal this year is to master lots of different kinds of stitches. Ill make a scarf out of each one for practice. If they turn out well maybe i'll put them up for sale. No one needs a million scarfs.

Hi,
Yes, it was easy...surprisingly so! Finished my daughters a few hours ago, but had lunch to get, and supper to start...and..oh well, anyway....
Here is her's and I just got the pattern off a free site, added the tassels, on my daughters I added braids and flowers....1 flower needs tacked down, but will get to that when I add the leaves.

I have pasted a link on my thread life from the parsonage, it's on the last page. Hope that helps!
smile.png

I added tassels for him and braids for her, the pattern didn't call for that...but I like them!
smile.png

Quote:
Not much. You just make a circle. Increase till its the size of your head then single crochet till you have the length you want. I think thats it. It been while since a made one.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/BabyChild/WR1088+Childs+Crochet+Earflap+Hat.htm

Here
is the link to the hat. Hope it helps!
smile.png

Here's a tip from an almost complete beginner...YES YOU CAN! A lady named Teresa on the Art of Crochet will take you step by step,( on youtube) if you don't get it...rewind!
smile.png
And then if you still don't get it...try what you know...then go with it, or take out...I made baby booties last night!
It's amazing how relaxing, and enjoyable crocheting is. I really love it!
big_smile.png

Hope that helps, if you have any questions, I will try, with my limited knowledge to help...or someone with more experience....like Darlene or other talented women will!
big_smile.png

Simple pattern, I believe I typed in all crafts, then crochet flowers, then looked thru the list and picked the one that worked for me. I'll double check my links...but I'm pretty sure that's how I found it. There were TONS of links. Happy hunting!
smile.png
big_smile.png

Parson's Wife :

Simple pattern, I believe I typed in all crafts, then crochet flowers, then looked thru the list and picked the one that worked for me. I'll double check my links...but I'm pretty sure that's how I found it. There were TONS of links. Happy hunting!
smile.png
big_smile.png

thank you I love hunting up projects I really should finish the scarf I'm knitting first though . It's for the young man who works at the gas station where my daughter gasses up. She says the young man who works there is wearing a strip of cloth around his neck and he is freezing.He's always very nice to her and he gives the kids a candy when she goes so she wants to give him one of my scarves.
edited for spelling​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom