Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Quote:
YAY!!!
clap.gif
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear they have arrived safely!
woot.gif

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
I joke that I am a flexitarian. If I went to your house and you served me turkey I would eat it.
big_smile.png
But I don't eat beef, fish, or chicken on a regular basis and I never eat seafood (like shrimp, oysters, lobster) or pork products. I do drink milk, eat cheese, and eat eggs. I live in a vegetarian community but I am the odd one b/c I raise chickens
lol.png

My daughter is a die hard vegetarian. She doesn't eat any meat of any kind. No chicken, turkey, pork or seafood. I worry so much about her getting enough protein. I did take her to a nutritionals years ago for them to tell her how many servings of protein she needed and she's pretty good about substituting non meat protein in it's place. I knew it would be better the info coming from someone else than mom. She will eat eggs from our chickens (thank goodness), but not eggs anywhere else if she doesn't know how they were raised. She will eat eat small amounts of cheese, but not sour cream. No milk, but does soy or almond milk. If she hears of a company using animals for testing then she'll boycott that product. Oh man I just know I will probably be picking her up at some point for protesting for animals. Yep....that's my girls!!!

My DH doesn't eat beef or pork, but does eat chicken, turkey & seafood. I'm a meatatarian!!!
lol.png
I don't eat pork any more, but eat chicken, turkey, seafood and some pasture grass fed beef. Like I said...interesting...very interesting here at dinner.
big_smile.png

It is good that you took her to a nutritionist. A properly balanced vegetarian diet is just as healthy as a non-veg. diet that is properly balanced. Every time I take my youngest to the health dept. for his check-ups they want to test his iron b/c they assume a vegetarian will have low iron due to the lack of meat. But his iron is always better than the other children there! Before I went completely vegetarian my husband was one. He is allergic to milk, one son is allergic to chicken, and I was allergic to soy (an allergy that mysteriously went away during my last pregnancy) so I know what you mean about meals being fun
lol.png

We are vegetarian, too. We are having garbanzos with quinoa, banana bread, stir-fried vegetables and baked apples. Afterwards, we will watch a movie and eat strawberry pie and drink tea. There is much to be grateful for.

Quote:
Wooohoooo!!!!!
clap.gif
I'm so glad to hear they are all trickling in safely!!!!
woot.gif

Looking forward to see what you will create w/ them.
pop.gif

Everyone keep me updated on their arrival!!!!
smile.png

Quote:
I have that book! I love it! I make blankets using these squares as a starting point. Then I just keep going.
lol.png

Oh cool!!!
lol.png
So many pretty floral pattern squares and I thought it was cute, b/c of the heart, butterfly, kitty cat etc... So many pretty different patterns in it. I did square #16 out of it for last spring swap and did square # 34 for this fall swap. It's the only two patterns out of the book I've had time to try. What's your favorite?

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
I have that book! I love it! I make blankets using these squares as a starting point. Then I just keep going.
lol.png

Oh cool!!!
lol.png
So many pretty floral pattern squares and I thought it was cute, b/c of the heart, butterfly, kitty cat etc... So many pretty different patterns in it. I did square #16 out of it for last spring swap and did square # 34 for this fall swap. It's the only two patterns out of the book I've had time to try. What's your favorite?​

My favorite one was the pansy square, even though I never did make anything from it. I made the square for the pansy and it took me forever to get it right but once I did it was sooo cute. Unfortunately I was so burnt out on it by the time I got it right that I never did make any more squares. So the one finished one is just sitting in a drawer waiting for when I get around to it. I never tried the butterfly one but it looks like it would be very cute too. I like the flower ones and the ones with the popcorn (cluster) stitches too. There are so many I want to try but haven't gotten around to. Now I can't find the book cause it is packed away somewhere.
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom