Crochet Square Swap - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Nancy: I know some people say "don't do this" but I have raised dogs, cats, etc etc for many years and I would suggest that you get him some gerber baby meats for supplement. They get them through the rough time but don't let him get too used to it.
Jacie

Yep, gerber baby meats. Our vet uses them on all his sick kitties.

Well, I've gotten no other squares accomplished, sitting steady @ 36, so I'll most likely be shipping them this week.

With the warm weather, we've been working get the place nice from Winter.

I'll have to get a picture up of my almost finished project. I've been working on a tote made out of strips of plastic shopping bags. I found lots of patterns here:
http://www.myrecycledbags.com/ Cool stuff. They even used VCR tapes and old cassette tapes to hook with. They call it "plarn." Plastic yarn.
lol.png

Anyhoo - got a run to finish, kitchen to clean, the batchelor's run needs mucked...gotta love spring!!! I all ready got sunburned on the back of my neck. I'm a true red-neck hooker now!! (...well...I still have all my teeth, tho'...)

Scrambled - I'll let you know when I get my squares out.
Em

BantyChickMom:
Hello to all the happy hookers here.
Just wanted to let everyone know how much I have enjoyed being a part of this thread and talking with all of you.
However, due to some recent events I am forced to take a leave of absence, for how long is not known yet.
I will truly miss you all.
Would love to hear from any and all of you so feel free to email me.

I'll get with you about getting my squares to you.

Thanks again girls, it's been great!!!!!!!

idunno.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
duc.gif

Oh noooo! I hope there haven't been complaints or something of that sort that have caused you to be "forced" to go. Goodness knows there are enough very real issues in life to deal with without someone getting their feathers in a ruffle over something that could be ignored much easier than getting all worked up over it.

I really think some people need to come work with me for a day and see what I see. Their life would take on a whole new meaning and rightfully so.

I will miss you on here but continue to keep in touch through e-mail and now the other chicken site that I wasn't aware of before today. Thank you for the smiles and laughter you brought to us on here! Keep your chin up!

Scrambled Egg :
Maye Kelly awould be a good Hooker Cheerleader Swap Coordinator?

Ha! Did you just volunteer me for something right out in the open like that?! LOL OK I'll be a dumb-dumb and bite.. what all would be involved? E-mail me and give me the run down. Poor Kim may have to teach me how to hook yet. I hear she's got great technique and I guess I could always use some new potholders. How bad could I mess those up?
wink.png

Mangled:
I'll have to get a picture up of my almost finished project. I've been working on a tote made out of strips of plastic shopping bags. I found lots of patterns here:
http://www.myrecycledbags.com/ Cool stuff. They even used VCR tapes and old cassette tapes to hook with. They call it "plarn." Plastic yarn.

Yay Em! Another creative crafty person. I love making stuff and of things I would otherwise throw away. Right now I have very little time but hope to have things more settled in the next year and can do them then. Thanks for the URL. I'll check it out!

Jacie: You don't happen to feed the raw food diet to your babies, do you? E-mail me if so... I'm in the process of switching my babies over now because of some issues.

Kelly
yippiechickie.gif
- HHC (happy hooker cheerleader)​

Last edited:
Alright, Scrambled. The squares are in the mail. Should be there in a few days. I included a card with my address on it to use as the return address. Just tape it over yours and off we go. I taped appropriate postage to that card as well. That amount should mail up to 3lbs back to me.
I can't wait to see what everybody did! I am sooooo excited about the swap!
wee.gif

You're the best...and only hookers I know!!!
lau.gif
Ya'll are doin a great job, we even have a red-neck hooker now!! Hec, we're so good, we could even be backyardhookers.com. lol!!! Jessica could be our leader since she already hooks in the backyard and then rolls over and falls asleep, hahahahaha!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

Kelly, just email me and City, I'll be looking for your hookin!!

Hi Kelly. Thank you for the compliment on my name but it's really not all that special. It's pronounced Jackie. I just had strange parents

Now to your question. You have to realize that I'm getting old and a little senile! LOL!

What raw diet? and to which babies?

Jacie

In my head I have always pronounced it "jay cee" I had no idea it was jackie, lol!! You are anything but ordinary so maybe you shouldn't give up your secret "normal" pronounciation so quick, lol!!!

Ya'll are down to a few more weeks here of hookin!! What in the world will you do for a past time when the union closes and you are left not actually having to hook?!! Actually that is a good question for everyone...

** Now that hooking is such a part of your life, will you continue your new profession after the red light goes off on May 1st? .....if so, what will be your next project? **
smile.png

As of May 1st I will be outside in my spare time. Garden and flower beds, shaping up my shady wet garden, letting the peeps roam free, cooking on the charcoal grill, sunbathing on weekends. Playing with the cats, shuttling the kids here and there as well. We'll have season passes to Dollywood again, so we'll go there on weekend mornings before the crowds arrive and wear out the roller coasters!!

M-F 8-4:30 I gotta be at work, but the rest of the time I'll be doing some portion of the above!

In the meantime, I'm sure I'll crank out another square during Survivor tonight. Only 2 weeks left but my 20 are almost done. I'd hoped to do more, but as a first time hooker I guess I can't set my standards that high
gig.gif

Checking in, still hooking....err...i mean crocheting...

I can never find this thread so i just reply and let you all know i'm still in on the project when i get an email lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom