Crooked Toes

Most likely, unless you think it just happened. I have one with a crooked middle toe, and by the time I knew I could have fixed it it was too late. She does really well, she's 10mo and it doesn't bother her at all or effect her balance. I have another one that has a crooked toe (not as bad as my 10mo though) and she does fine as well. I could have probably fixed this one's as well, but she isn't as bad and she was so skittish when I got her I didn't want to mess with her (she was/is a screamer when I need to try to hold her with a closed hand, she'll perch, but hates to be held where she can't access her wings).

Unless it's pretty fresh I don't think you'll be able to. If it's pretty fresh you can splint the toe. I've never splinted so I don't know if it hinders walking/scratching at all. Hopefully someone who has splinted will chime in on that one. If it's not really a fresh dislocation and it's not hindering your chick or bothering your chick then you're better off just leaving it be. Like I said, mine haven't been phased by their crooked toes. Bubbles' middle toe is crooked and Hawk has a crooked side toe. They still scratch, roost, and walk without issue.

Back
Top Bottom