You can offer her some in a small bowl after she has had some water. If she doesn’t want any, give her some time. Getting her drinking is key right now.
She actually does seem a little better I’ve been giving her the sugar water every 2 hours. She pecked a little bit at the starter crumbles but not a lot. I have a question though if a 5ml syringe is enough?

I just double up on the 5ml syringe. After a couple of days, she should start drinking on her own. Her appetite should start to improve if she is starting to peck the crumbles. Hopefully, you will start to see more and more improvement where she will start to move around and be more active pretty soon.

I just double up on the 5ml syringe. After a couple of days, she should start drinking on her own. Her appetite should start to improve if she is starting to peck the crumbles. Hopefully, you will start to see more and more improvement where she will start to move around and be more active pretty soon.
Okay so I give her the syringe twice every two hours. Yes, I know she’ll get better soon. Thank you so much I’ll ask more questions whenever I need too and I appreciate all your help :) 💗

She started to drink water on her own yesterday not too much. She’s been pecking at the feed but doesn’t eat much. Should I keep giving her the sugar water??

Start cutting back on the sugar water. Make sure she is continuing to drink regular water. She should start eating more. Sounds like she has started improving some. Consider giving her some scrambled egg to provide some protein to her.

Start cutting back on the sugar water. Make sure she is continuing to drink regular water. She should start eating more. Sounds like she has started improving some. Consider giving her some scrambled egg to provide some protein to her.
I gave her some scrambled egg she didn’t eat much of it but did eat some. I know she’s gonna start improving too just slowly but she will!!

I feel like I keep going back and forth with her. One day it seems like she’s improving and then the other she’s not. She hasn’t ate anything. I was offering her watermelon before but stopped eating that she’s not interested in it. She just sits all day and doesn’t bother to drink water either. But if I put her beak gently in a small container with water she does drink. I’m not sure if this is still a crop issue. I know it’s not sour crop because her breath isn’t stinky. I don’t know if I’m still dealing with impacted crop. In the mornings her crop is empty. It just has water. There’s not much food except probably grass she still slightly scratches and looks for things on the ground, but not for to long. It’s about to be a whole month that she’s been this way. I have a feeling this is something else and I don’t have the option to take her to the vet :(

Last edited:
She has to keep drinking and if putting her beak in the water is the way to get her to drink, keep doing it. Try wetting some feed for her and making a mash. That may help her a bit to start eating. mine was lethargic for an extended period. She would sit alone and not mingle, not eat. I kept trying things until one day she started pecking her food and ate some. Even after that she was lethargic but slowly came back. I hope you don’t lose her. I kept trying and it finally worked. I believe an impacted crop is more traumatic to a chicken than we might realize and it takes a while to get over.

Back
Top Bottom