She has to keep drinking and if putting her beak in the water is the way to get her to drink, keep doing it. Try wetting some feed for her and making a mash. That may help her a bit to start eating. mine was lethargic for an extended period. She would sit alone and not mingle, not eat. I kept trying things until one day she started pecking her food and ate some. Even after that she was lethargic but slowly came back. I hope you don’t lose her. I kept trying and it finally worked. I believe an impacted crop is more traumatic to a chicken than we might realize and it takes a while to get over.
Yes I’m definitely not gonna give up. I haven’t thought of making some mash maybe she will eat it. I’m going to keep trying as well I know she’s going to eventually have an appetite and eat normally. I think she’s going to be okay it’s very stressful trying to help it makes me so sad on that she doesn’t feel better. I didn’t really think about it to much but I think she may also feel lonely one of my other hens passed away during the beginning of the month. She was sick but I never gave up on trying to help her out she was very strong. I’m not sure if that can be a reason for her behavior. Yes, definitely any time a chicken is sick it’s not easy for them to deal with it’s stressful for them.
But for right now what I can do is have patience, consistency and not giving up is key!! Thank you for your words of encouragement and I’ll try the things you recommended me again thank you so much I hope you and your chickens are doing well:)

Back
Top Bottom