• I will be attending as a spectator.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be attending as an exhibitor.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I will not be able to attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
I won BB in the junior show with my black silkie hen. I'll have to upload a picture onto here since they all are on facebook. Also took RV black with her sister, BV and champion AOV with a blue partridge silkie pullet. Unfortunately, my BB black hen passed away on Sunday during the show. She hit her head while waiting for showmanship and because of the vaulted skull she had major problems. So that put a huge damper on my Crossroads trip but other than that I loved it. I also won first place in the regular showmanship competion and first place in silkie showmanship as well.

Forgot to say that I got BB and RB with my light sussex. The judge wrote "Very Nice with a
smile.png
" so I guess he really liked her. She couldn't beat out the amazing Australorp that got onto junior champion row though.

You did absolutely great Hannah!!
clap.gif
It was very nice meeting you and thanks again for picking up Tammy's crew.
wink.png

Quote:
I won BB in the junior show with my black silkie hen. I'll have to upload a picture onto here since they all are on facebook. Also took RV black with her sister, BV and champion AOV with a blue partridge silkie pullet. Unfortunately, my BB black hen passed away on Sunday during the show. She hit her head while waiting for showmanship and because of the vaulted skull she had major problems. So that put a huge damper on my Crossroads trip but other than that I loved it. I also won first place in the regular showmanship competion and first place in silkie showmanship as well.

Forgot to say that I got BB and RB with my light sussex. The judge wrote "Very Nice with a
smile.png
" so I guess he really liked her. She couldn't beat out the amazing Australorp that got onto junior champion row though.

So sorry about your silkie, but congratulations on all else you accomplished!!

Quote:

Crunchie, I fixed the post. What a beautiful bird! I took the pic because my son said he liked him. I had an Icelandic rooster with very similiar coloring and Adam stopped and pointed-out your bird to me. He said he looked like Ari. I took the pic for him and I didn't write down any info about him so when I posted, I guessed on the breed. I don't know much about bantams. Thanks for the proper information on him. Below is my Ari.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/44049_ari_strut.jpg

Aw cool, thanks for fixing it. I hope you didn't think I was nit-picking or anything, but I figured I was somewhat obligated as a Dutch breeder and owner of the bird pictured to point out what he was.
smile.png
FYI, a simple way to tell Dutch from OEGB in the show hall is that OEGB will be dubbed and Dutch will not. There are lots of other differences, but don't worry, I won't bore anyone with all of that!
lol.png

Ari is a handsome dude. You are right, the two have very similar coloring!

Quote:

smile.png

Sorry about your hen.
sad.png
But you certainly have a lot to celebrate, as well. Congrats on all of your wins!

The Crossroads show was the first national show I have attended. I was overwhelmed with the sheer number of birds there but plunged in and tried to see all the entries. With a lunch break I managed to see it in one day with time over to see the rabbit and cat shows in the adjacent buildings. My first impression was happiness to see so many poultry people. Living in a rural area sometimes it seems that we are a very small world. So good to see so many breeders working on improving birds.

I was surprised that some breeds didn't have many birds there. I raise Dorkings and Sussex. I only saw a pair of red dorkings and maybe 7 sussex. Now I know how important it is to keep the breed going.

I wish there were more vendors, but that is just me. I order from catalogs but would love to be able to see things first hand before I order them.

Quote:

smile.png

Congratulations on winning First in Showmanship. There was some really tough competition!

Quote:

smile.png

Congratulations Hannah!!!!

Sorry to hear about your black hen.
hugs.gif

Quote:

smile.png

Congratulations on winning First in Showmanship. There was some really tough competition!

Yes there was tough competition! I was ecstatic when I won!

Here's a picture of Twirl after winning BB:
6136_379742_10150365727003472_776593471_8494679_768257594_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom