"Crowing" hens? Weird sinuses?

Should i clean her eyes with saline (0.9%nacl) when i return from school tomorrow? Or with water? or just let it be?

One of these hens has a little bit of foam in the corners of her eyes :( That what i was afraid of. Idk if there is some nasal discharge cuz there was some dirt sticked near her nostrils. Sticked with some transparent, thing (not a lot but there was some).....
Am i cursed or what cuz my chickens are sick or injured so often...
Are there any things for humans that i can give her to increase her chances to survive (i've got aspirin, but idk if it can be given to chicken with respiratory disease)...
Should i clean her eyes with saline (0.9%nacl) when i return from school tomorrow? Or with water? or just let it be?
I would clean her eye with saline.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble.
There's not a lot that you can give unless you have antibiotics to see if that helps treat symptoms. Medication can help, but it isn't a cure where respiratory disease is involved.

Is she in pain?
83mg once a day is o.k. for a couple of days. Aspirin is not to be used long term in poultry.
Ik about not using it for more than3 days. I gave her 1/6 of an 500mg tablet so around 80mg. It says that it is anti inflamatory so it wouldnt hurt to try. Maybe she has an inflamation or something. She is still alive btw and other hens dont show symptoms like her

You can brew some tea for your chickens which will help to alleviate the symptoms and speed up the recovery process: oregano, thyme, sage and some aniseed. Let the tea steep for at least 3-4 hours before serving instead of water. You may add some poultry vitamins to it as well.

Edit to add link: https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...ry-nutrition/01D8DC8F03A296709438E07F6B2AB4E9

" O. vulgare as a poultry feed supplement has had an antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiviral, immunomodulatory and antiparasitic effect. "

Last edited:
You can brew some tea for your chickens which will help to alleviate the symptoms and speed up the recovery process: oregano, thyme, sage and some aniseed. Let the tea steep for at least 3-4 hours before serving instead of water. You may add some poultry vitamins to it as well.

Edit to add link: https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...ry-nutrition/01D8DC8F03A296709438E07F6B2AB4E9

" O. vulgare as a poultry feed supplement has had an antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiviral, immunomodulatory and antiparasitic effect. "
What if i dont have aniseed?

Back
Top Bottom