Crumble vs pellet

Huh! I get my feed at TSC. I’ll ask the next time I’m in there. Anyone here get the pellet form from their TSC?
I get mine from TSC - layer pellets. The hens love it. One time, I tried the crumble and it just didn't work - too much bill out and the chickens didn't seem to like it. I have a cross beak hen - Margaret. I worried so much when she was little about her nutrition, and fed her crumble with a dollup of sour cream- she just really loved it. Eventually, I switched to pellets with the sour cream - she could scoop it better slightly stuck together. One day I saw her eating out of the regular feeder - since then, she is on her own. She is now 9 months old and doing well, laying slightly smaller eggs than the others, but still doing normal chicken things.

Attachments

• Margaret b with crossbeak 4.2019.jpg
    Margaret b with crossbeak 4.2019.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 14
I started out with pellets when my hens were old enough to come off starter feed and the refused to eat it. I switched to crumble and they love it and there is very little waste.

I just looked at Chewie too; no Purina, and Scratch and Peck $36 to $38 per 25 pounds!
Like Amazon, with 'free shipping' Flock raiser at $50 for 50 pounds! That does make Amazon less expensive, but WOW!
Mary

Pellets are definitely less waste, but they are much more processed compared to crumble/naturally milled feed......

This is incorrect. Pellets and Crumbles go through the same milling process. The only difference is that the crumbles go through a Crumbler that crush the pellet to make the crumble. That is the only differences.

I just search online for the pellets at TSC. No results!

They do have Nutrena Naturewise All Flock pellets, 40 lb bag for $15.99 listed though.

What gives?? My store doesn’t carry it so I can’t have it shipped there for pick up? What am I missing?

Back
Top Bottom