CSU's Welsummer SOP

What are the next areas we are concentrating on?

There are several areas that need attention: back (fairly horizontal, sloping slightly, sloping a bit more than slightly--many of the birds I have seen have backs sloping a lot more than slightly, which I think ruins the overall type), tail (angle, length/size), overall color (dark rusty red like the German type, middle "rusty red" like the Dutch/British type, breast color in male and shafting of breast color in females, the nature of the stippling ("peppering") in the female), leg/shank color and leg length; also, some of the critical breeding issues related to these ought to be addressed in my opinion, e.g., white in tail or flight feathers, stubs and down between toes, etc.). The above-mentioned points are merely problems I have either encountered in my personal breeding or have observed in birds owned by others. There may be other points of interest to others.

okay...I'm not sure what exactly we are concentrating on so I just took a few shots of my girls...not great shots but...what I could get...its a beautiful sunny day after a dark rainy one so...they are either sunbathing or...foraging for all they are worth...tough to catch still!

hopefully good enough to critique...:)

okay...I'm not sure what exactly we are concentrating on so I just took a few shots of my girls...not great shots but...what I could get...its a beautiful sunny day after a dark rainy one so...they are either sunbathing or...foraging for all they are worth...tough to catch still!

hopefully good enough to critique...:)

I would take some new pictures, but my adults are looking pretty raggedy right now and some are molting. So I'll put these older pictures up.

5 month old cockerel. He still has some filling out to do, but has a nice flat back and tight, high wing set.

5 month old pullet. Head came out blurry, but it shows her nice back line.

Another 5 month old pullet.

Back
Top Bottom