Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Pics
Not a very good picture, but here he is in the breed pen:

chickensashwednesday014.jpg

That is a great looking bird!! You can't judge the size, however. The main issue I see with the Ideal birds is really just size, mainly. A bit smaller than even small birds from a breeder, but, most hatchery birds are a bit small. Overall type is good. .

Cant ell for sure but it looks big. Has nice full breast, nice hacke coloring, good tail angle, full tail, nice wing carriage, and looks like a nice head. Although i dont care for the female... if the person was getting rid of him i would probably consider... although being from ideal you never know what it would produce.
Zach

I agree the male is better than the female-however, she could still be a pullet in that pic. I had some pullets with tails that I thought were a bit too high last fall, who have excellent tails now, very very low, and well spread. She is a bit light colored, and a bit tighter feathered than I like mine to come, but, still, really not that bad all things considered.

One more thing-as of this year, I am not sure I know what my birds will produce!!
tongue.png
I've got whites, pyles, brown reds, possibly blacks, and dirty spotted white, all from white crossed with white. It seems the more chicks I hatch, the more surprises I get....

Back
Top Bottom