Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Jungle Explorer, thanks for the club site!!!! It looks great!!!
thumbsup.gif

I can help add some things, but not sure how????

Your are very welcome. It is not much, but it's a start. Great question. I can add anything to the site. This need to be a collaborative effort. Like for instance, the history page. What I got on their right now, I got from the ALBC site, just to have something. What I would like to do is for those who really know about the details of the Cubalaya history to collaboratively work on a comprehensive history for the cubalaya. Once we have a good accurate history, then I put that on the history page. I would like to add the best photos possible to the photo page; only photos that really show quality birds. I will of course label each photo with the name of the breeder so they will get credit for it. Maybe we could use this thread to to decide what content should go on the site. I am depending on the people with the real knowledge like you to guide us on the content so we end up with a real quality information site about the cubalaya.

Bottom line, if you guys agree it should be on there, I will put it on there. You can also email me at: [email protected]

Way to go Vaughn! That looks good to me,and sounds like a good place to go to for knowledge. I like the idea of having a central place to go to that is organized so that you don't have to sift through a bunch of posts to get to the information you are searching for. Thanks for taking the lead on this. .....stan

wow i think there were more posts today than ever on this thread.
jungle, great work on the cubalaya club. what are you feeding your laying hens? they should all be laying and fertile this time of year.
felix, i will be at the gilmanor sale with adult cubalaya and some chicks on may 4th, glenn allen va.

Thanks Cubalaya...but I'm in Missouri outside of St. Louis. It doesn't seem that they're are many Cubalaya in the Midwest unfortunately.

I had a question about ages and weights. I've weighed my week old chicks and there is a pretty good range...one ounce to half an ounce (sound like a dealer now) :). Anyway has anyone found these early weight differences to hold true to adulthood and if not at what age do you begin to cull for size? I only started so early because I'm splitting an order with my sister and she'll be getting hers in a week. She could care less about size so I'm trying to select the biggest ones for myself.

Thanks Cubalaya...but I'm in Missouri outside of St. Louis. It doesn't seem that they're are many Cubalaya in the Midwest unfortunately.
there is someone that has cubalaya in oklahoma(she is a moderator on uff) and some in texas. i am sending some to tennessee in july or should say they are coming to get some since i don't ship.

wow i think there were more posts today than ever on this thread.
jungle, great work on the cubalaya club. what are you feeding your laying hens? they should all be laying and fertile this time of year.
felix, i will be at the gilmanor sale with adult cubalaya and some chicks on may 4th, glenn allen va.

Thanks. I am feeding them the same thing I am feeding all the rest of my layers (that are laying fine), Nutrena 16% Layer pellets.

Well I know that Dr. Everett has many articles written by past breeders that can be put on. History's are being compiled already by Chris. Pictures are easy, we have many posted on UFF and here. I think a forum if possible should be set up for discussion on things each of us need to do to get the club up and running. I also might personally like different birds in the logo picture. The site looks well designed, just needs all the info added to it.
How bout it doc?
Let me know if you need any help,
Zach

Back
Top Bottom