Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Red based dun bantam pullet.
IMG_0297.JPG

Are there any owners of bantam BB red/bantam wheaten cubalayas monitoring this thread. I have always liked the looks of the cubalayas. Now retired with plenty of laying hens of other breeds, I decided to indulge myself with some bantam cubalayas, just for fun. I ordered some from Cackles hatchery. Of all the chicks I got the cubalayas were the weakest and did not do well. I have lost most of them now after three week I may end up with two roos and maybe one hen. I believe they were inbred. I think Cackle's maintains the only hatchery flock of bantam cubalayas. The best I can tell all the other hatcheries that advertise bantam cubalayas have Cackle's supply the chicks. I either need to find another blood line or give up on raising them into the future. Does anyone know of other blood lines out there?

Anybody out there with bantam cubalayas, that will sale me hatching eggs. I order some day old chicks from Cackles, they were weak and only three survived. Two roos and one hen, not much to start a flock with. Cackle's appears to provide bantam cubalaya chicks for all the other hatcheries. I would like a different blood line, if I can find eggs. I am not in a hurry, but if I don't find eggs, I will probably order more chicks from Cackle around mid summer.

Anybody out there with bantam cubalayas, that will sale me hatching eggs. I order some day old chicks from Cackles, they were weak and only three survived. Two roos and one hen, not much to start a flock with. Cackle's appears to provide bantam cubalaya chicks for all the other hatcheries. I would like a different blood line, if I can find eggs. I am not in a hurry, but if I don't find eggs, I will probably order more chicks from Cackle around mid summer.
I sent you a pm.

Back
Top Bottom