Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Hen.
2014 troyer 32.jpg

Here is a picture of what they should really look like, width of tail. I don't have this one anymore, but I do have a daughter.View attachment 2946000
Yeah, I know what you all are talking about.

I'll be getting pictures of my Sumatra at alert pose tomorrow. I just have to take him out, & put him on a tether though, so he doesn't run away, or attack me while I do a photo shoot.

I'll work my magic to replicate this breed some time.

I've got to finish my first projects first though. :p

Forgot to post this yesterday.View attachment 2948674View attachment 2948675He hates me so much.
That tail has decent width for a hatchery Sumatra. This is the pullet you would use to start in the right direction to get the below horizontal lobster tail. Black on wheaten has made a lot of breeders very frustrated when they were trying to get solid black birds by breeding black to wheaten. I have not yet seen or heard of it working. A gentleman tried making black Cubalaya with a white wheaten based male bred to a solid black hen. 25 years later he still hasn't been getting solid black males. He is scrapping the original project and starting over. I would be very happy if you could make it work. You would have to breed something else in to get pearl legs.
20210925_153218 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom