Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Well, I just spent 3 hours with chickens and I'm tired!

One needed a bath. Who does that in the winter? Someone who needs to investigate why a hen has a messy bottom. Turns out nothing is wrong. I cleaned her up. Took 45 min to get her dry. Way to cold out to take any chances, so I dried until there was no dampness anywhere. Last month they all got a little diarrhea, so I treated with Corid just to be sure. She just never cleaned up after that.

Then cleaned all 4 coops really well, since I wont be home tomorrow to do any cleaning. Made sure all the feeding dishes are full. Tomorrow morning I'll only need to change out the water before I leave.

Then I spent a little time in Mad Hatter's pen. He is always so nervous when I'm in there. He's not sure who is supposed to be boss, me or him. So I sat for a while to let him just get used to peaceful time with me. He's still not too sure. Put him on my lap for a while, and that seemed to confuse him too. "Is this nice? Or is this scary? I can't decide." is what I think he was thinking. :gig

Now finish cleaning house, because everyone knows you cannot leave a house that's not spotless. :rolleyes:

Only a day trip tomorrow, to the beach, for my birthday. I just need to see the ocean from time to time. It centers me. :)

Enjoy your birthday Val!
smiley cake.gif

Well, I just spent 3 hours with chickens and I'm tired!

One needed a bath. Who does that in the winter? Someone who needs to investigate why a hen has a messy bottom. Turns out nothing is wrong. I cleaned her up. Took 45 min to get her dry. Way to cold out to take any chances, so I dried until there was no dampness anywhere. Last month they all got a little diarrhea, so I treated with Corid just to be sure. She just never cleaned up after that.

Then cleaned all 4 coops really well, since I wont be home tomorrow to do any cleaning. Made sure all the feeding dishes are full. Tomorrow morning I'll only need to change out the water before I leave.

Then I spent a little time in Mad Hatter's pen. He is always so nervous when I'm in there. He's not sure who is supposed to be boss, me or him. So I sat for a while to let him just get used to peaceful time with me. He's still not too sure. Put him on my lap for a while, and that seemed to confuse him too. "Is this nice? Or is this scary? I can't decide." is what I think he was thinking. :gig

Now finish cleaning house, because everyone knows you cannot leave a house that's not spotless. :rolleyes:

Only a day trip tomorrow, to the beach, for my birthday. I just need to see the ocean from time to time. It centers me. :)
Happy birthday in advance!

Back
Top Bottom