Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

My son has an xbox one. It has opened a whole new dimension of watching movies. I don't really like going to the cinema and there is nowhere to rent dvds anywhere. So my most recent viewing was the predator! I loved the original with arnie and the second one was OK. Then they got silly. This latest offering wasn't bad, if you like that type of film though! I want to watch bohemian rhapsody. I'm a big queen fan. I heard that the time line in the film isn't quite how it happened in reality but it still has some very good reviews.

My son has an xbox one. It has opened a whole new dimension of watching movies. I don't really like going to the cinema and there is nowhere to rent dvds anywhere. So my most recent viewing was the predator! I loved the original with arnie and the second one was OK. Then they got silly. This latest offering wasn't bad, if you like that type of film though! I want to watch bohemian rhapsody. I'm a big queen fan. I heard that the time line in the film isn't quite how it happened in reality but it still has some very good reviews.
I rent DVDs from our local library. Not sure if all libraries do that but it allows us access to a LOT of movies. Theyre usually only a couple of months behind from the release to DVD. It beats going to the movies because its free and i can eat all the popcorn i want:pop. Plus is the movie is bad...we can just shut it off and we're not out any money

I rent DVDs from our local library. Not sure if all libraries do that but it allows us access to a LOT of movies. Theyre usually only a couple of months behind from the release to DVD. It beats going to the movies because its free and i can eat all the popcorn i want:pop. Plus is the movie is bad...we can just shut it off and we're not out any money

This is a great idea. I should try this. My husband supposedly has 50 viewable channels with thousands of movies. I have picked about 20 since 2005-2019 and none are available. I’m not sure what we are paying for. I should try the library. :):caf

This is a great idea. I should try this. My husband supposedly has 50 viewable channels with thousands of movies. I have picked about 20 since 2005-2019 and none are available. I’m not sure what we are paying for. I should try the library. :):caf
My library lets us rent up to 20 at a time per library card! You get them for a whole week unless theyre new. New is a 3 day rental and its a buck per movie per day if late. They also carry tv show dvds so i dont even have to have cable to watch cable shows.

I'm all for FREE whenever possible. My son pays for Netflix, he is allowed to have 4 other people on his subscription I'm on, my sister and my brother. I have seen some extremely good movies on there - free:ya. I've also watched some I thought would really stink and found out how really good they were instead. Extra bonus, no one talking or texting through the movie. No kids kicking the back of my seat.

My village doesn't have a library and ones we used to use elsewhere charged very reasonable fees when my son was young. Then they raised it quite a bit and I can't get transportation .

Last edited:
I do the same thing! I checked out a Wes Anderson movie knowing chances were I would not like it. Yup, just don't like his style. So I checked out 5 movies for the weekend (I don't have cable/tv only limited hotspot) and watched only 2 of them. I recently discovered $5 movies on Tuesdays, which is a great deal for a theater with reclining seats.

Back
Top Bottom