Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    That is a good review! Now I know what to expect.If i go semi prepared, then I might be able to follow it.

With the Dr. Who shows and the time travel, I get so knotted up I need a flow chart.
    Timey whimey wibbly wobbly gets confusing.

A multi verse I can handle.

2. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Ohhh I love physics ( in theory ) now I'm even more excited about that movie....

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    WELL, "BIRDMAN" is the type of movie you love or hate - there is no middle ground. Personally I loved it = 4 stars my brother hated it but I don't know if that means 0 or not. I do know when the movie started we had 8 people scattered around the theatre.. When the movie ended and lights came up - only 3 of us remained. I don't recall them sneaking out, maybe they were in the wrong theatre to begin with. Yes, that must be the reason. That never happened before.

I thought the main actors were excellent even though I didn't recognize them all. Michael Keaton and Emma Stone were even above that. Knowledge/ experience of schizophrenia would enhance viewer comprehension. Likely the movie will not be around long, so I am very grateful I got to see it on the big screen, before that happens.

4. Ok I watched Earth to Echo and How To Train Your Dragon 2 last night. Loved them both. The indomitable spirit of youth just captivates me.
    Echo is shown as filmmaker as narrator, kinda choppy, but overall storyline makes up for it for me.

and dragons, come on to me they are like chickens, what's not to love?

5. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

How to train your dragon 2 did rock... I was enthralled... The toddler said the dragons would bite and was not to into it... No accounting for taste

6. [​IMG]

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    My son teenage LOVED IT! He even bought a blue-ray player -with his money- just so he can see the DVD in highest def.
    I'm from the 'hope to see it through the static' in black and white era, so...[​IMG]
    I remember having to go outside and twist the antenna pole until the screaming stopped and I knew they either hyperventilated and passed out, or it was all good and they had nothing to scream about.

I think I got more done before computers and netflix.

8. [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    For those who loved "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel," it brings me great pleasure to announce it's sequel "The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" opens March 2015 - [​IMG][​IMG]- several of the original cast are back and sassy as ever. The trailer really looked good.

1 person likes this.
  10. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I'm looking forward to that one. The first one would have fit in on my list with the food and wine related movies, it has a similar air to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by