Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

I watched Army of the Dead a few weeks ago. I thought it was funny, different and very entertaining.

I've heard other reviews that suggest there were some plot holes, but for me, I'm just watching a movie to be entertained and this movie did that for me!

It's got over the top gore (like 10x blood splatter than what's needed LOL!), adult themes/language but it's a zombie movie!

Would watch again.
Thanks for the review!

"City of Lies"

Who killed Biggie Smalls a/k/a Notorious B.I.G.? That is the heart of this biography crime drama detective movie which stars Johnny Depp and Forest Whitaker. Set in Los Angeles, it delves into corruption and cover-ups, plus gives a bit more elucidation into the rap world's biggest scandal, although that is just one aspect of this film. Lots of twists, turns and labyrinths. Good performances and character depth by both Depp and Whitaker.

Directed by Brad Furman (The Lincoln Lawyer, The Infiltrator), it runs 1 hour 52 minutes. Out on Redbox.

"City of Lies"

Who killed Biggie Smalls a/k/a Notorious B.I.G.? That is the heart of this biography crime drama detective movie which stars Johnny Depp and Forest Whitaker. Set in Los Angeles, it delves into corruption and cover-ups, plus gives a bit more elucidation into the rap world's biggest scandal, although that is just one aspect of this film. Lots of twists, turns and labyrinths. Good performances and character depth by both Depp and Whitaker.

Directed by Brad Furman (The Lincoln Lawyer, The Infiltrator), it runs 1 hour 52 minutes. Out on Redbox.
Thanks for the review!

"Chaos Walking"

Imagine, if you will, a planet where colonies of humans have landed; a planet where suddenly the males' thoughts become audible and visible but the females' thoughts remain guarded. Imagine what happens when a foreigner female crash lands onto said planet into a male-only colony. Such is the premise of the latest movie to drop on Redbox. An interesting concept and interesting consequences in this dystopian action film.

Starring Daisy Ridley, Tom Holland, Cynthia Erivo, Kurt Sutter, Demian Bichir, David Oyelowo, Nick Jonas, and Mads Mikkelson. Directed by Douglas Eric Liman (Swingers, Go, The Bourne Identity, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Jumper, Edge of Tomorrow, American Made), based on the book "The Knife of Never Letting Go" (part of the trilogy titled "Chaos Walking"), and rated PG-13. Filmed in Quebec, Scotland and Iceland with reshoots in Georgia. (For those who try to guess a film's location by scenery, this one was haphazardly tricky because it wasn't just one set locale.)

As an interesting aside:
On the DVD's Special Features section, in the deleted scenes you discover a whole 'nother side adventure that was left on the cutting room floor. These scenes definitely add depth and nuance to the story, but would've rendered the film much, much longer than the 1 hour and 49 minutes run time.

"Chaos Walking"

Imagine, if you will, a planet where colonies of humans have landed; a planet where suddenly the males' thoughts become audible and visible but the females' thoughts remain guarded. Imagine what happens when a foreigner female crash lands onto said planet into a male-only colony. Such is the premise of the latest movie to drop on Redbox. An interesting concept and interesting consequences in this dystopian action film.

Starring Daisy Ridley, Tom Holland, Cynthia Erivo, Kurt Sutter, Demian Bichir, David Oyelowo, Nick Jonas, and Mads Mikkelson. Directed by Douglas Eric Liman (Swingers, Go, The Bourne Identity, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Jumper, Edge of Tomorrow, American Made), based on the book "The Knife of Never Letting Go" (part of the trilogy titled "Chaos Walking"), and rated PG-13. Filmed in Quebec, Scotland and Iceland with reshoots in Georgia. (For those who try to guess a film's location by scenery, this one was haphazardly tricky because it wasn't just one set locale.)

As an interesting aside:
On the DVD's Special Features section, in the deleted scenes you discover a whole 'nother side adventure that was left on the cutting room floor. These scenes definitely add depth and nuance to the story, but would've rendered the film much, much longer than the 1 hour and 49 minutes run time.
Thanks for the review!

I finished reading the first book in the series and have started reading the second book.

Amazon had a move and book tie in going on when the movie came out.

I will likely watch the movie this weekend since it is mostly based on the first book.

The books are very good!

Saw 'In the Heights" in a theater yesterday. We, the Princess and I, were the entire audience - great. She will go a solid 4+. I'm not generally a fan of musicals so will go a 2.5. Talented singers and dancers for sure.
Thanks for the review!

I can watch it on hbo max.

Definite thumbs up

Believe Me

Staring
Katie Douglas
Rossif Sutherland
And Jamie Elliott

The harrowing true story of the brave Lisa McVey.

Lisa was sent away by her mother to her grandmother's, who not only mentally abusing her but was in the full knowledge of her live in partner continuously rapping her.

Lisa was then staked out by the notorious serial killer and rapist Bobby Joe Long.

Sorry to spoil the story line but I love a really good ending and this was the best

Back
Top Bottom