Berta and Wilma - Australorps

My silkies are slightly different:

Parsley
LOLa Bunny
Minnie Mouse
Possum

Love my little clan
love.gif

My family and I had fun trying to come up for names. We ended up naming them after foods you would eat as a side with chicken though xD (We would never eat our real chickens.)

Gravy ~ New Hampshire Red
Biscuit ~ New Hampshire Red
Dr. Pepper ~ Rhode Island Red
Nugget ~ Rhode Island Red
Fudge ~ Ameraucana

Last edited:
We name all the chicks that hatch out, so we end up trying to find group names to apply to each hatch. My first flock was all hatchery pullets, we tried to give them all witch names (because witches were the only goup of characters you could count on always being female, heh!) so they were Jadis, Magrat, Nanny Ogg, Xenioba, Yubaba, Sophie, Buffy and Mab. Then we had an Easter hatch so it was Cadbury, Dudley, Eggbert, Jelly Bean, etc. There was also a Valentine hach one year so we had Valentine, Aine, Corazon, Eros, Hera, Honey, Rose, Sonnet, Belle, Min, Truffle. It started to get a little weird when we gave one whole hatch names of ikea furniture - Tisdag, Trogen, Sniglar, Malm, Vallvik, several others I can't remember now, heh. :)

I guess I like the old lady names but really they are just names of flowers

Gladys - Gladiola, Hyacinth, Rose, Daisy, Violet, Iris, Lily, Briony, Flora, Ivy, Primrose, Poppy, Pansey, Petunia, Marigold, Tulip, Actually my exchange student from Finland's Mother's name was Tuuli.

They may be a little old fashioned but I still think they are quite fashionable and appropriate for lovely pullets everywhere.

For Roosters - Razzamatazz was a grand name for my Roo.

Caroline

We have a mix of 11 pure breeds as well as 1 Isa Brown and 1 Black Australorp...

Mildred, Myrtle, Minerva, Pigwidgeon, Hedwig, Luna, Petunia, Hermione, Primrose, Gertrude, Henrietta, Beatrice and Nuggets.

We only brought them home today and I am in love with them already. Even my partner has turned into a softie with them
big_smile.png

I have 5 eggs in bator, on day 4. I like to name my eggs as they go in the bator, then when they hatch they make keep the egg name or I will change it, but I usually name all my eggs with the same first letter, for their group. this is a group with "c" names: Cleta, Calypso, Calquake, Collata, and Caluga. Calypso and Calquake are blue eggs, the rest are brown. They are mystery eggs from my vet. I am hoping for naked necks from the browns, (she has that kind) the onlything about the blue eggs I am interested in in their size. most of my blue's have been from bantams.

Here are all of my chickens names:
Carl
Geraldine
Coco
David
Cream Puff
Lemon Pie
Lemonade
Harold
Carly
Snickerdoodle
Neegie