Cuting nails

Chicks17050

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2018
I wonder if I do end up needing to cut thare nails what is ok if I cut to fat I cut one of my girls to far but. I stoped it I use the stuff for regular pet birds Becuse I den online it was ok so do I have to cut them or no they scratch and so on fine they just now and then

They shouldn't need to be cut, they will usually scratch and keep them trimmed down on their own. With that being said, I did have one EE hen who's nails grew very long and started to curl. I did have to trim hers. I just used dog nail trimmers and cut small amounts at a time. I couldn't see a quick in the nail so I just guessed and cut below where the curve was.

They shouldn't need to be cut, they will usually scratch and keep them trimmed down on their own. With that being said, I did have one EE hen who's nails grew very long and started to curl. I did have to trim hers. I just used dog nail trimmers and cut small amounts at a time. I couldn't see a quick in the nail so I just guessed and cut below where the curve was.
Thank you I was asking just Incase Becuse my one dosnt relly dig wtb her nails she lays down and uses her beach or wings she the more clean her self and keep as clean as can be one

Back
Top Bottom