cwhit590's Egg Art (Pic Heavy!)

Caleb, WOW you have a great talent! Those eggs are very beautiful and striking, especially grouped together in the first pic. My favorites are the damask and lettered - the black on white is very eye-catching. Isn't Hobby Lobby great
smile.png

I'm no artist, just crafty, but I've used Mod-Podge with good results. I'd think a spray sealer would work very well for delicate things like eggs. I bet you'd have luck selling them at farmer's markets or craft fairs; some stores carry wares by local artists, you could get your foot in the door that way too.

Thanks for sharing with us! You'll have to post more designs for us to adore
wink.png

Very cool! I especially liked the last one too, and the little fuzzy chicks on it are darling. Thanks for linking this over from TEG. Glad I got to see your "artsy side".
wink.png

Oh yeah, I'd go with acrylic spray sealer too. You can do several very light coats (dry fully in between) and it won't run or smear your egg. I have a big rock that I painted with acrylics on then sealed with the spray sealer and it has sat outside for 2 years now and it is INDESTRUCTABLE!

Your eggs are gorgeous! For sure people would buy them!

I have seen Ukrainian Easter Eggs (also called Pysanky) so googled them to find out how you can preserve your eggs. Most of them do not blow out the eggs before they dye them. (the eggs eventually dry up and you can actually hear it clunk around when you shake them)

I found this info on the following site: http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Sue-Pysanky.htm

Varnish - If you are planning on blowing the eggs - you need to varnish the eggs first (as the dyes will be damaged by water (and egg). You must use a oil based clear glossy varnish - water soluble ones will cause the dyes to run. You will also need drying stations All I do is push thumb tacks through a box lid (photocopy paper box lid works good) in groups of three, so that when the lid is sitting on a flat surface, all the tack points are sticking up). The eggs are then balanced on the points of the tacks. I would also recommend latex gloves to do the varnishing, so that you don't have to wash your hands in thinner (you put a little varnish into the palm of one hand, then roll the egg around in the hand to coat the egg with a very thin coat of varnish.

I hope this helps.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom