Cynthia, Pics of the girls. Blue Orpington/Buff Brahma cross

herechickchick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
Memphis TN
Here they are. Man they did not want thier pictures taken today. I had to chase them all over the place.

Here is one with a few feathers on the leg. I had not noticed them until I picked her up today if that gives you any idea of how small they are. She also has some very faint buff lacing around a lot of her breast feathers but it does not show in the photo.

Suedebabie02.jpg

Here is another pic of the same girl.

Suedebabie03.jpg

And the Blue Volley ball, she is almost totally round. Very cute.

Suedebabie04.jpg

Like I said they were in a mood today so I could not get close up. Normally they are pretty sweet. They stay at my feet and follow me everywhere when I am in the yard but they generally do not love to be held. I think they will be huge once they are fully grown. Jan 4th they will be 12 weeks old.

Thanks, Adam! Them's gonna be some large women, LOL! Blue Volleyball is right! Wow, very nice. Very dark, too. I have two of Caroline's eggs due to go in the hatcher on Monday so it shows me what to expect. Actually, I'm hoping they do have feathers on the legs so Ill be able to tell the pures from the crosses, but they actually do have a slightly different look to them than pure Blue Orps. Don't you hate it when they just refuse to pose?! Here's the best pic I have of Velvet at 12 weeks. To me she looks somewhat different than the crosses, but I can't put my finger on it and I'm not talking about their pea combs, either.
DCP_6582.jpg

It's hard to tell from the pics but the crosses look bulkier, maybe more squat in height and that makes them look bulkier. Although it could be the way they are standing. Wouldn't it be nice if you could get them to co-operate...lol.

The second cross carries it's backend/tail like my brahmas do.

Julie =0)

Back
Top Bottom