Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

LOL yes, he finds the ducks fascinating. My service dog will charge the fence because she's trying to herd them, but old Ares just wants to watch them all day.

And thanks! I wasn't looking forward to clearing that out. After that, building a house will be a piece of cake.

Your ducks don't look like mallards to me for some reason,unless they aren't the ones you mention in your sig. I think you have a roomy plot to build them a house .Look forward to seeing their new place.

@kaessa Since you are coming out of an egg drought, you can put the eggs in a basin of water. If it sinks it is fresh. If it sinks but is up-ended it grocery store fresh. If it floats... :sick toss it.

@kaessa Since you are coming out of an egg drought, you can put the eggs in a basin of water. If it sinks it is fresh. If it sinks but is up-ended it grocery store fresh. If it floats...
sickbyc.gif
toss it.

D'oh! I didn't even think of that. They all went with the brush and got thrown away. I know a family of raccoons that will eat well tonight, though... the place on Grammy's farm that brush gets dumped has a little raccoon family living right next to it. Bonus: She doesn't have any livestock smaller than horses, so the raccoons can stay there. :D

Your ducks don't look like mallards to me for some reason,unless they aren't the ones you mention in your sig. I think you have a roomy plot to build them a house .Look forward to seeing their new place.

I'm not 100% sure that they're mallards. That's what we were told that they were. Could they be something else? I'm pretty sure they're feed store ducks from last spring. They could be anything.

Only 1 egg today but one girl seems to lay every other day. They are young and haven't been laying long. Their eggs have previously fit in normal egg cartons. Well yesterday I had to get online and order jumbo/super jumbo. They are HUGE! I'm glad I'm not a duck or chicken. Lol!

2 white are my girls Shiemi and Elsa. Black is my drake, Rin.
1f497.png

The egg laying stopped during our first well-below zero weather in January. Not an egg since then. I am hoarding those last few eggs for my chicken egg allergic son.
1f609.png

A big fat ZERO, unless you count the 5 banty eggs that I found in the ducks sleeping quarters this morning. My little banty Lulu squeezes through the fence, escapes the chicken area, and hangs out with the ducks. Now she is laying eggs in their house...LOL

Well they are eggs so they count. lol and how cute I have 2 bantams and love the size of their perfect lil eggs.

Only 1 egg today but one girl seems to lay every other day. They are young and haven't been laying long. Their eggs have previously fit in normal egg cartons. Well yesterday I had to get online and order jumbo/super jumbo. They are HUGE! I'm glad I'm not a duck or chicken. Lol!

2 white are my girls Shiemi and Elsa. Black is my drake, Rin.
1f497.png
What a beautiful place to have ducks and Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom