d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Now as soon as I say this Rusty will try to pluck my eyebrows tomorrow. I have 3 D'anver roos and except for him on rare occasion they have never tried to flog me. He's been behaving all summer My Porcelain Pair are like little monkeys wanting to climb on me. Chester the Quail isn't friendly, but will walk around our feet. He is almost 4 and hen less. He left the bantam coop and moved into the barn with the large fowl. He is in love with the Australourp sisters. At lock up tonight something was going on because they were all in the wrong places. He was were the goats sleep. I picked him up and decided he could sleep in the garage with the broodies and chicks. They are in kennels but he tries to feed them through wire.

Last edited:
I have a broody with chicks as well as a rooster in my garage, too. Lol I think I may have to get some D'anver eggs to hatch in the spring. They're so cute. They seem like they'd do well with my bantam faverolles.

Now as soon as I say this Rusty will try to pluck my eyebrows tomorrow. I have 3 D'anver roos and except for him on rare occasion they have never tried to flog me. He's been behaving all summer My Porcelain Pair are like little monkeys wanting to climb on me. Chester the Quail isn't friendly, but will walk around our feet. He is almost 4 and hen less. He left the bantam coop and moved into the barn with the large fowl. He is in love with the Australourp sisters. At lock up tonight something was going on because they were all in the wrong places. He was were the goats sleep. I picked him up and decided he could sleep in the garage with the broodies and chicks. They are in kennels but he tries to feed them through wire.

That Rusty, he was meant to be yours, I think. And Chester, well, those D'Anvers are great dads, they love chicks.

Well when I said garage its actually the tool room on the garage. Now its the animal room because I've slowly taken over with all my cages. I have 3 xl dog kennels. The biggest being 3x4. 2 small kennels, 2 rabbit cages and at the present time 2 lg brooder boxes, 1 med brooder and my assortment of incubators. All of those, but the med brooder has something in it. I have the two broodies and chicks, two rabbit bucks, a doe and her 6 bunnies, breeder quail, quail growing out, Polish juveniles, and some Silkie chicks. Chester is loose. He is one of smart ones who knows where the food is stored and comes in any chance he gets to clean up any spills he can find.

Anyone care to make a guess at these. There are 3. I first thought D'anver d'Uccle cross, but with those fluffy heads I don't know.

I'm thinking the one on the back is a pullet. I'm going to keep her for my Milli d'Uccle roo who has no hens. The other two I believe are roos, but one has a very girly tail.

I'm a newbie. Have 2 silkies so wanting to know the sex and I realize its hard to do but its fun trying. was wondering if u could post some pics of 8 wk....& 5wk old and what they turned out to be. Then I can compare pictures . Thx

I'm a newbie. Have 2 silkies so wanting to know the sex and I realize its hard to do but its fun trying. was wondering if u could post some pics of 8 wk....& 5wk old and what they turned out to be. Then I can compare pictures . Thx

This isn't a Silkie thread, but for Belgian D'Anvers, so not sure who has Silkies to post. I don't have any. You may want to check on the What Breed or Gender section or find a Silkie thread in General Breeds.
smile.png

I'm really liking the way my girls are turning out. For a while there it looked like one of them was going to have a squirrel tail and upright wingset, but both issues seem to have corrected themselves.

They're both 14 weeks old.

Ignore the bottom bird's tail. She's still regrowing feathers from her molt.

Back
Top Bottom