d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I have a trio of quail d'Anvers that came from some nice showbird lines. Their names are Benji, Blair, and Bree. I also have a trio of younger mille fluer d'Anvers with a cuckoo hen that I just got from a friend. They are adorable and their new colors and patterns are beautiful! I hatched some chicks from my quail trio four months ago. If anyone is interested in buying some there are four pullets and three roosters that are $8 each. I live in Beavercreek, Oregon so...

I guess I got lucky then...
wink.png

Rogaine eh...have experience with that JJ? *smirk*

I expect to get a clean legged every now and again because of the d'anver fault of being hairless legged. Hehehehe?

I have a trio of quail d'Anvers that came from some nice showbird lines. Their names are Benji, Blair, and Bree. I also have a trio of younger mille fluer d'Anvers with a cuckoo hen that I just got from a friend. They are adorable and their new colors and patterns are beautiful! I hatched some chicks from my quail trio four months ago. If anyone is interested in buying some there are four pullets and three roosters that are $8 each. I live in Beavercreek, Oregon so...

I would be interested! I live near Tacoma, WA. Are you going to any of the Poultry shows this fall in the good 'ol Pacific Northwest?

She is lovely, chickee. I adore my Caroline. She is the Queen around here. Doesn't matter where she goes, she takes over, lol. That's why I can't put her in the main flock again nor can I merge her old hens' group with the four Orp hens left when Suede died last Sept. She wouldn't back down and someone would die, probably her, from a heart attack during the big fight. The head hens in both of those groups are old, too, and pretty tough as well. She'll be 7 in January, having outlived her hatchery genetics, bless her heart. She really looks her age now, too. Amazing how a hen can have a wrinkled face and gray "hair" like a human almost.
Thanks
smile.png

Caroline sounds like quite the character!
lau.gif
I had a hatchery light Brahma hen I named Dusty because she loved to dust bathe so much she purred! When I got home from being gone for several days, Dusty would run up, nuzzle and cuddle up against me. She was a real special.

But this is the d'Anver thread, so now I will need to take more pictures of my beauties and post them for everyone to see
big_smile.png
I love this breed!! My Khaki Quail pair is getting more beautiful each day!!

I was thinking about the d'Anver attitude. After seeing them go crazy and attack other chickens (even angry LF broodiesI) I put in their pen (and each other in the frenzy!) I have come to the conclusion because they are so small, they have to bluff about how tough they are to keep themselves safe from the other chickens. Works too!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom