Dark Eggs Daily- Wheaten Marans

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by OldChurchEggery1, Oct 7, 2011.

1. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    I've never visited this section of the forum before and there's certainly a lot of information here. I wanted to talk about my experience with Dark Eggs Daily, not to complain, but to give some praise where it's due. I hope it doesn't conflict with any rules. I just had a really good experience with them earlier this summer and if other folks are looking for Wheaten Marans, which are hard to find shipped as live chicks, this could be a possibility.

I ordered 18 chicks (straight run) and received 23. Unfortunately, it was during the brutal heat of the summer and many of them died at the Post Office. I don't blame anyone here- you just can't control the weather and it's easier to stay warm than cool off in a warehouse-type facility. The Post Office couldn't give me the damage paperwork because the package hadn't been insured, but the folks at Dark Eggs Daily sent me a box with 12 replacements the next time they hatched chicks. I didn't even ask for replacements- all I did was e-mail to let them know that only 16 had made it. That's only a couple under the amount I ordered, which is perfectly reasonable for shipped chicks. They were easy to deal with and very friendly to boot. I've narrowed down from what I received and picked the 4 best pullets to be part of my own breeding flock. I'm really excited to see what comes of them this upcoming spring!

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    They sound like a great place to do business. So unusual in these days and times.
    I am glad you got some great birds, I love my Marans.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by