Dark Eggs Hatchery

I ordered 24 chicks from Susi in Feb with a ship date for July. We contacted her in June to see when they whould be shiped, and she sent us an e-mail stateing the tornado thing as well, and a refund. I have e-mailed and called her several times and no response!!! She has over $200 of mine and my friends money. She says she is not a thief, but I have no chicks and no money, so I think so!!!
DarkEggs.com Don't even try!

Last edited:
I too am very disappointed in darkeggs.com. I had such a nice and long discussion with Suzi about chickens, horses etc. I then set up an order of approx. $80 for last May. I too was told they had power outages due to tornados. She then said she would set up another delivery date as soon as she was up and running again. We had a couple trips planned so I asked her for end of September delivery. Still no chicks and no answer to emails. Would the Attorney General of the state be of any help for the people to get their money or chicks?

I've tried getting in touch with her many many times since then. No response at all. It's one thing to steal from adults, quite another to retain the funds of children wishing to get into a new hobby! I covered my grandson's monetary loss and found him some very good quality birds to start with..............but the money is still missing, as is apparently the owner of the business.
sad.png

Wow, this is still going on?
I guess I was a lucky one that she bought eggs from me, paid promptly and let me know about the hatch afterwards.

This is a hard business to be in and it would be nice to hear why this all has happened and if things are going to improve. I can imagine how all of you must feel as I have had other breeders treat me badly, too. I was so hoping that a SC hatchery could get off the ground and be one of our great businesses. I hope it all works out eventually for everyone involved.

I was looking to purchase chicks from darkeggs.com earlier this summer, but it always said that paypal was not being accepted...guess I can be thankful I didn't place the order...this is really sad! Most people in this buisness are honest, trustworthy individuals, so it's shocking to see something like this! Good luck to you all!

It sounds like she may have been in it for the learning experience... but you probably ought to learn BEFORE buying a business, especially without any knowledge of business basics (approximately 2 college courses would cover that) or not a lick of customer service common sense. I see a lot of people run "independent businesses" into the ground because they don't want to take out of their pockets to hire someone who is better at budgeting/customer service/etc than themselves. You gotta know and compensate for your own weaknesses to have a business succeed.

It really is too bad that this one didn't make it, since the SE region seems to be seriously lacking in the backyard chicken business (we've got the dining room table under control). But does she really count as a breeder if she's drop-shipping, and apparently the birds came from nowhere near SC?

Quote:

Last edited:
Is Suzi still in business? I made an order with her last summer for 2012 spring delivery....am hoping I will actually receive my chicks.

Back
Top Bottom