Dark green/bright green poo from rooster but acting normal otherwise

citychicks99

Songster
Aug 20, 2021
Seattle, WA
My roosters have been getting into fights and as a result I had to separate the one that was more willing to be separated. Pictured is my almost 2-year-old rooster, after he was attacked multiple times by the 6-month-old rooster. I noticed his poo is green most of the time. He doesn't get leaves so it's most likely not from that. Is it possible he's depressed from being separated and so is eating less? I try and keep his bowl of food filled up at all times and he eats it but I noticed he tends to eat more of it in the evening near bedtime. He gets at least 4 ounces of food a day, which is a normal amount I think? I don't understand why his poo is green otherwise. I have wormed everybody in March too so I'm not inclined to think it's worms... is it possible for him to get an infection from the fights? He's acting normal otherwise. Anybody have any other thoughts? If not I might have to send it to get a fecal float test.

Attachments

• PXL_20230521_022048456.jpg
    PXL_20230521_022048456.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20230521_022056512.jpg
    PXL_20230521_022056512.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 6
My roosters have been getting into fights and as a result I had to separate the one that was more willing to be separated. Pictured is my almost 2-year-old rooster, after he was attacked multiple times by the 6-month-old rooster. I noticed his poo is green most of the time. He doesn't get leaves so it's most likely not from that. Is it possible he's depressed from being separated and so is eating less? I try and keep his bowl of food filled up at all times and he eats it but I noticed he tends to eat more of it in the evening near bedtime. He gets at least 4 ounces of food a day, which is a normal amount I think? I don't understand why his poo is green otherwise. I have wormed everybody in March too so I'm not inclined to think it's worms... is it possible for him to get an infection from the fights? He's acting normal otherwise. Anybody have any other thoughts? If not I might have to send it to get a fecal float test.
It’s nothing dear he’s fine
It’s normal poop to me especially on hot days
When they eat a lot of scratch instead of pallet their poop looks like this
You can add some dash of probiotics or give him Greek
Yoghurt mix with some mashed boiled garlic (half a clove)
He’s healthy by the way

It’s nothing dear he’s fine
It’s normal poop to me especially on hot days
When they eat a lot of scratch instead of pallet their poop looks like this
You can add some dash of probiotics or give him Greek
Yoghurt mix with some mashed boiled garlic (half a clove)
He’s healthy by the way
Thanks for the reassurance. I thought maybe it's nothing but I kept reading online that green poo means no bueno... I didn't realize heat can cause it too. I don't give him too much scratch grains, just a tablespoon at most a day. I do give everyone Greek yogurt every other day but they don't like garlic.

My roos have also been getting into fights. I think it's no big thing because my hens and roos poop that kind of thing all the time. :D Your roo is fine

Thanks for the reassurance. I thought maybe it's nothing but I kept reading online that green poo means no bueno... I didn't realize heat can cause it too. I don't give him too much scratch grains, just a tablespoon at most a day. I do give everyone Greek yogurt every other day but they don't like garlic.
1-2 weird poop once a while is normal in my experience but the look of your chook poo is completely normal to me I will alarmed if there’s Neon tinge or yellow tinge there or a lot of mucus or lining . If he’s acting all good he’s all fine

Let me share something one day my rooster ate a coloured pink Chalk accidentally :gigfrom my art and craft box he pooped all pink that day maybe 7-8 poops and by evening it’s all back to normal
Their system is very good they flush things fast then us ;)

Let me share something one day my rooster ate a coloured pink Chalk accidentally :gigfrom my art and craft box he pooped all pink that day maybe 7-8 poops and by evening it’s all back to normal
Their system is very good they flush things fast then us ;)
Oh my... One of my hens sees me as food and always peck at me when I'm around, my hair, my sweater, my butt, etc.

I've been seeing this green poo every day now for at least a week. But it has been pretty hot and he's been confined in his little space during the day time. I've been letting him out in the evenings when the other crazy rooster is locked away and he seems to like the calmness and doesn't even mind being by himself.

Back
Top Bottom