Day 14 candling results. Will my bad luck... **Hatch Complete! PICS**

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
Grrrrrr... Will my bad luck ever end??? Mercy! Out of 15 Welsummer eggs, I have 6 left in the bater. Those I'm not 100% certain will be any good. They are just to dark to see any chick moving around in. The other 9, I could tell were clear or had blood rings so I'm assuming since I can't see anything but dark in the other 6 there is a chick growing. Fingers crossed anyways! There are 4 bantam eggs that are good and 2 are questionable. I think the chicks in those 2 are dead, but I'm leaving them in the bator just in case. I have 2 Amerecauna eggs that are good and 1 questionable, 3 Wyandottes, and 1 mystery egg. I had to toss 21 eggs that were either clear or had blood rings in them. Sheesh! I've never had this bad of luck. With all of my chicks and chickens currently sick, I was hoping for a little better hatch just incase I loose to many. I've lost 15 so far.
sad.png
Will it ever end?!?! I guess I should really be relieved by those results. That is less to have to worry about, but to be honest with you, I was really hoping for much better. Especially with those Welsummer eggs.
sad.png
The Welsummer eggs were the only shipped eggs. The rest I got locally. Oh well...

Last edited:
This is day 15 for me. 12 buff and 12 white Orpingtons. I'm worried and feel quite clueless. I only candled a couple at a time. So as not to interrupt the incubation process. BUT.....I too am very worried about my hatch! So I feel for ya. We're both in the same boat buddy!
hugs.gif

I will cross my fingers for you chickfillhay! Maybe it's not as bad as you fear it is.
smile.png

UMM! What day is this? Is this the 20? or the 13th? I think I lost an entire week? Maybe that's why I might not be seeing what I expect to see!
he.gif

Be REAL careful about those with "bloodrings". Sometimes they are the bottom part of the vein network and really aren't bloodrings at all. With most true bloodrings, the egg is otherwise clear...you shouldn't be able to see anything at all.

Quote:
I know what you're saying. The blood rings usually go through about the middle of the egg and then the rest of the egg is clear. That's what I've got.
hmm.png
You do need to be careful with that. You're right! That is also the reason that I wait until day 14 before I toss any eggs. By then, you know for certain if there is a chick in the egg or not.
wink.png

Last edited:
Next time bless your eggs before you put them in the bator,
gig.gif
. Kidding. Sorry to hear your situation. Hopefully the remainder will hatch, just leave them alone as much as possible.

Grrrrrr... Will my bad luck ever end???

Yes, it will. Just when remains to be seen, and that's the hard part. You know you have a set coming from me whenever you say, as soon as the birds stop molting, of course. I want them in prime condition for you to insure they will be at optimal hatchability.​

Back
Top Bottom