Day 16 of incubating chicken eggs

yea LOL
1f61c.png

On day 16 you should see pip holes? i thought that was day 18 & 19 that you start seeing pip holes. Because im on my 16th day of incubation today going to go turn them shortly too see if there is any action. But all of my eggs are healthy and dancing around in there
wee.gif
. Hoping to see some cute little fuzzies on hatch day
D.gif
. Thank you for sharing some advice, and could you get back to me on the 16th day seeing pip holes thing though please.

I didn't get hardly any sleep last night. I got up at 1:30 to check my egg with pip hole and there were 3 more. went back to bed, one chick hatched not the first pip hole chick, but then she hatched too, a grey-ish brown chick (Dixie) and a yellowish chick with brown stripe (Darcy) both from small brown eggs, I have larger blue and tan eggs due wed. and thurs.
jumpy.gif

Oh I see two moving! :) Now I am really obsessed, just staring through the little window :)

This was a clutch the hen abandoned after two weeks, so I was worried there was something wrong with them.

I know that movement doesn't mean a successful hatch, but I feel a lot better about not throwing them out!

would you happen to know this question: Will i start to see pip holes on the 18th day or 19th day, it's the 18th day tommorow, im doing an incubating method which is suposed to make the chicks peck through the egg shell on the 18th day and hatch on the 20th day instead of comming out on the 19th day and fully hatching on the 21st. Do you think they will start to pip tommorow on the 18th day, in this case?

I'm on day 18 too and excited/nervous. I bought a tray of 30 'assorted eggs' at an auction, and am down to 6! 4 bluey green ones and two light brown ones. Not such a bargain really :(
Will be asking you all to guess the breed if any hatch....

blue ones americana, the brown eggs, any pics?

7 of my 13 eggs have hatched the rest are due today or tomorrow maybe 2 will take longer, they are a little clear at the bottom of the egg if they hatch at all, but they were fridge eggs so if any hatch I feel lucky.

Last edited:
blue ones americana, the brown eggs, any pics?

Here we go....... first one has pipped but at wrong end - I removed the broken bits of shell and made hole in the membrane - beak is now sticking out and I can see it taking breaths so hoping it will make it.
I am in the uk so we don't have ameraucanas - I'm thinking cream legbar by the egg colour but probably backyard quality or cross-bred. Don't know sbout the other 2, looking forward to the surprise!

Back
Top Bottom