Day 17, which ones are alive?

I couldn’t resist and candled the eggs again on day 18. Saw next to no movement. I’d practically gave up on them but left them in. Today I noticed the humidity had some how hot to 30%, I thought just incase I’d open it and put more water in even though it is technically lockdown.
I opened the incubator to find one egg has had the smallest external pip, I put the lid back on quickly, and then heard chirping in the incubator. Have I messed up bad? Will it die now?

I couldn’t resist and candled the eggs again on day 18. Saw next to no movement. I’d practically gave up on them but left them in. Today I noticed the humidity had some how hot to 30%, I thought just incase I’d open it and put more water in even though it is technically lockdown.
I opened the incubator to find one egg has had the smallest external pip, I put the lid back on quickly, and then heard chirping in the incubator. Have I messed up bad? Will it die now?
No! If the humidity didn't drop too much it will be totally okay. And congrats! 🥳

Still nothing from the one that pipped, guessing it’s dead. However last night my olive one (which I couldn’t see into) made a big crack, and this morning I’ve woken up to this!
309AF2A7-640D-4D4F-A226-E6FCA37E64D7.jpeg

So still no other pips or anything on the other eggs, and I’m in a dilemma. Should I take the chick out the incubator and put into brooder, or should I wait and see if others hatch? I don’t want it to be lonely, I’m not sure what to do,

Back
Top Bottom