Day 18 and air cell too large!

exactly 100 at the top of the eggs - it's been pretty stable the whole way through and I read somewhare that 102 was advisabe for still air but then it said follow the manufacturers guide and that says 100 for chickens - should I change it a little?

It sounds like you are doing just fine and if you start worrying contact someone on here. I gotta go now. Take care and I will check in later to see how you are doing. I figure if a chick only takes 21 days to completely develope then 1-2 hrsor/and (24 hrs) is a LARGE amt of time for a chick so there is no rushing the hatching process. they are still doing some developing
smile.png

I also kept my temperature on the low end of ACCEPTABLE and had a better hatch----the reason I did this was because previously I had problems with stability and the stability is what you want.......
smile.png

Thanx for that - its really interesting - wish I had found this forum sooner.

My hova bator is model1632 and so is a later model than the author talks about, it has 5 air holes constantly open so I don't think I need to remove the extra plugs until after the hatch (this is what the manufacturer recommends). The author seems to be setting humidity to the room rather than the incubator (which in turn gets through to the eggs through the air holes anyway). It seems to make sense. Wish I had known before.

All I can do now is wait and see what happens - fingers crossed!

And thanx again everyone for all your support.

I think U have done the dry incubation and didnt know LOL
old.gif
Just remember where he slides the one plug to regulate humidity. The humidity will really climb once they start peeping. Good luck!!
jumpy.gif

Yes I think I did the dry humidity thing too, only my room humidity was probably too low as well - just hope I haven't done too much damage!

I will keep a close eye on the humidity and if it rises above 70 I will remove one of the plugs or both if necessary - thanx for your help again

Back
Top Bottom