Day 18 and peeping

Daniel1974

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 1, 2012
Summerville SC
I have 15 RIR's in my bator and there peeping and a few have cracks at 18 day how is this? All Eggs seem to be moving and ready to hatch, Can they hatch early?

Thank you so much I have removed them from the turner and got humidity about 60% , There still in the eggs peeping loud and proud lol. I had the temp set around 99.5 but its been a little cold here so i did move it up a little to 100.5 so the cold would off set. Hope to have chicks in a few days and my silks are laying right now for the hatch along. I love my birds
love.gif
Thanks again!

it depends on the size of your eggs and how much heat you are using, but chicks just starting to hatch take many days. first the peck the hole and rest, getting their lungs used to air, then they also have to take time to absorb their yolk, so they still need time in the egg, some chicks are totally out by day 20 some hatch at day 19, it is important to just wait and see, and don't rush the hatch. they will come out in their own sweet time. congrats!
ya.gif

Within 15 min I just had 3 hatch the rest are trying but still some time on them i think! Can't wait hope i have a 100% Hatch and all healthy thanks all for the Help!

Back
Top Bottom