Day 18 where to from here

WyandotteH

Songster
Jul 23, 2018
NSW Australia
Hi all

Apologies I’m sure this has been covered in other posts. My question is I am on day 18 of incubation, do take eggs out of auto turning today or tomorrow. My other question is what humidity should I run incubator at until hatch. Again I’m sure this topic is covered many times I have read many different versions. my incubator is a 48 janoel style auto turner. Thanks for your time and feedback.

Turn off the egg turner on day 18 ... What humidity are you incubating at? From what I've researched "lock down/day 18) humidity should be around 65 - 75% and alot depends on you ambient humidity. What temps are you at? I am not very experienced so maybe you should wait for the more experienced but I know for sure the turner should get turned off. Best wishes & enjoy the hatching, just remember be patient when they start, it takes time. Oh, assuming you're hatching chicks?

Chickens - Incubation Chart.jpg

From what I've read stop the turner at end of day 18/ beginning of 19. 60 to 70 % humidity until hatch. These are the directions I'm following.

Turn off the egg turner on day 18 ... What humidity are you incubating at? From what I've researched "lock down/day 18) humidity should be around 65 - 75% and alot depends on you ambient humidity. What temps are you at? I am not very experienced so maybe you should wait for the more experienced but I know for sure the turner should get turned off. Best wishes & enjoy the hatching, just remember be patient when they start, it takes time. Oh, assuming you're hatching chicks?

View attachment 1481505
Thanks very much this is very helpful we are a warm climate but still cool nights I have incubator setup inside first batch ever incubated cannot wait

Back
Top Bottom