Day 19 A Pip!

I started with 25. 12 Ameraucanas and 13 Silver Lace Wyandottes. The Wyandottes were shipped from Missouri and the Ameraucanas I picked up myself from the University here in Connecticut. Obviously, picking them up yourself is always the best method. I am pleased that I have had 10 hatched for my first time though.

I just got home from visiting with Foghorn, I was able to snap a few pics of the 10th chick hatching, what a great experience it was to watch such a great miracle.

10chick1.jpg

10chick2.jpg

10chick3.jpg

10chick4.jpg

10chick5.jpg

10chick6.jpg

Last edited:
When did you set your eggs? I set mine on March 26th at 7:15 p.m. and am not counting that as a day either. I think I am on day 19 today 4/14, but it could be day 20. Let me know.

Awww! Look at their wet little faces! Makes me almost wanna get my own 'bator! lol
tongue.png
Thats so cool that you had such a good hatch, and got great pics of the hatchings. They're soooo cute! I'm jealous!
wink.png

Quote:
I set my eggs on the 24th at about 4 pm.
I had a loss last night. One of the Ameraucanas. Not sure what happened. Could have been anything. I have moved them out of the incubator and into the brooder.
IMG_4150.jpg

So happy for you Foghorn!
jumpy.gif
Sorry about your loss. I love reading about all the hatching yourself. Think I may have to try to hatch my own next year. Do you have the automatic turner?

Thanks so much for the info foghorn. My humidity is at 60% should I try to raise it a little? If so, how? Finally, I am concerned about disturbing the hatch. Advice please!!!!

Awww! They are little ANGELS!! Congrats on the great hatch!!

XP I was hoping to get a darker chickie like yours!

Isn't it amazing to see them come out of their shell?

XDDD I see the reflection of the camera in those pics!
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
yippiechickie.gif

early pips happen to me all the time! i dk why the 21 day rule doesnt seem to apply to my chickens lol. they are always wanting to get out. im the past ive done horrible things! i help the chick because i was soo excited. and i ended up killing one because i ripped something out of the chick! ill never do that again! eww!

Back
Top Bottom