Day 20 and still no peeps

dddCT

Songster
11 Years
Jul 28, 2008
Durham, CT
I am on day 20 with my first hatch and I'm not seeing anything. I thought I saw an egg rock but nothing now. What exactly does it look like when people say "pip"?

I know everyone says to be patient but that's like bailing water with a spoon right now. When should I start getting more worried than I am right now.

This is a pip

( this is a pics from my very first hatch )

5429_pip1111.jpg

everything should be fine... if nothing happens on day 21 then candle the eggs on day 22 and see whats up... if you see movement or hear peeps then put them back in the bator but even if not i would still put them back in the bator and leave them in there till day 23 or 24 just to make sure
smile.png

what is your temp and humidity?

Last edited:
The pip is when they first break through the shell, and you see a little chip in the egg. From that point it could take 15 minutes or 3 days... just be patient and make sure your humidity is up to 65-75%. The "zipping" is when they take that pip and start cracking the shell around the airsac to create their escape hatch.
smile.png

I don't even expect to see pips until the end of the 21st day, sometimes the 22nd if I had any low temps in there.
What day and time did you set the eggs?

we set the eggs at 7:45 pm on July 31st. I don't see any chips in the eggs yet but my hubby says he sees a lot of rocking. I can't watch. It's making me batty.

We have the 2 week old chicks in the brooder in the same room so I can hear anything except them so I cant even tell if they're peeping or not

Then, yeah, I wouldn't expect to see any pips until tomorrow late, maybe Friday.
smile.png
Don't worry! As long as they're rocking, they're still alive! Just keep yourself occupied!

Last edited:
yup yup Patience's thats why the first 2 days off the turners i stay at the river fishing to keep my self away from the bator..lol

Back
Top Bottom