Day 20 Bumped incubator.

weirdones

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 9, 2011
Greenwood Delaware
Hello.
So its day 20 of our first attempt at hatching eggs! I have our incubator on a folding table and while setting up our brooder next to it i bumped the table and some of the eggs rolled from the center to the outer walls of the incubator. I had them numbered so I moved them back to center with the numbers up the way i had placed them in on day 18. Question? Do you think this will have any effect on the chicks inside?17 eggs in the incubator. I'm guessing a few made a complete revolution or two. we had also lost power for a few hours on day 14 but the all seemed ok after that.

I wouldn't worry about it, after our first chick hatched he rolled the eggs all over the place and they had already pipped. It didn't bother them at all, they hatched without any problems. :) Good luck with them!

Yes, don't worry about it. You should see what my hens do to the eggs that they are sitting on. Makes me wonder how any of them hatch. Case in point, last spring one rolled out who knows when. I found it and it was cold. I took it and wrapped it in a towel and set it on the floor near the wood stove. Well 11 days later our little dog was watching the egg and whining, soon a chicken hatched. We named it Lucky, he turned out to be a rooster, and we kept him. Now we have two rooster and no fighting, "knock on wood". Again, don't worry.

Yes, don't worry about it. You should see what my hens do to the eggs that they are sitting on. Makes me wonder how any of them hatch. Case in point, last spring one rolled out who knows when. I found it and it was cold. I took it and wrapped it in a towel and set it on the floor near the wood stove. Well 11 days later our little dog was watching the egg and whining, soon a chicken hatched. We named it Lucky, he turned out to be a rooster, and we kept him. Now we have two rooster and no fighting, "knock on wood". Again, don't worry.

That's amazing!

Two have hatched so far

Day 22 1/2 and still hatching. One just hatched 8 total so far and 2 are piping.
Going a little slow. Seems like only 1 hatches at a time like they are each taking their turn.

Back
Top Bottom