Day 20 lockdown. No external pips.

How delicate are vaulted skull Silkies? I may want to not have vaulted skulls if they die easy since I have recently lost some of my favorite animal friends (of my entire life) and I guess I didn't know about Silkies having easy to hurt heads. Is it like if they get tapped on their heads they could die? How delicate are they?

How delicate are vaulted skull Silkies? I may want to not have vaulted skulls if they die easy since I have recently lost some of my favorite animal friends (of my entire life) and I guess I didn't know about Silkies having easy to hurt heads. Is it like if they get tapped on their heads they could die? How delicate are they?
Mine is fine. I’ve not had any problems with her since she hatched in June. She lives with other bantams and 2 large breed birds.
They “could” get brain damage while young since it’s soft. I’ve heard it hardens a bit over time.

humidity is between 75 to 80 during lockdown.
ok. Keep the lid shut. You don’t need to moisten the membrane unless it starts drying out. And that can happen from letting humidity escape.

I had a duckling shrink wrap this fall when my el cheapo incubator failed and I only had a heating pad to finish the last two days and all hell broke loose. It was horrible... I don't want to see or go thru that again. I have a GQF Hover Bator now.
Yeah the vaulted skulls hatch mate was glued in and had unabsorbed yolk. He was a hot mess the first 3 weeks of life.

Back
Top Bottom