DAY 20

I have 3 hatched, and 1 zipping. I became impatient with the "unknowing" of the 2 e g g s that hadn't done anything, so when the last chick hatched and my humidity spiked, I opened the bator (super quickly) and grabbed those 2 e g g s and candled them (again, super quickly!). 1 of them showed no signs of life, but the other quickly began peeping at me! That one is gonna make me worry big time since it hasn't pipped yet and the others are way ahead.

ETA: Just went back upstairs and the 4th chick has hatched.
smile.png

Last edited:
OMG. First chick was out, the two others had just pipped, and the POWER WENT OUT!!!!. I warmed up the car, got the incubator into the car and plugged it into the power source there. But it was not heating up fast enough. So I took the e ggs and chick out of the bator, and put them under the heater fan in the front seat.
Power came back on after an hour, and the second chick has hatched now. This is giving me ulcers........

Where's ingv8700?
idunno.gif
We need an update!

My hatch is complete...5 out of 6. But one of them seems to have a neurological problem.
sad.png
I'm giving them a vitamin supplement in their water, so if it doesn't improve in a few days I may be faced with that awful C word.
hit.gif
Also, I had to splint another one's leg...kinda spraddled. This hatch was just plain weird all the way around.
th.gif

Well good news i have 10 eggs that have not done anything and the rest of my 33 eggs which means 23 have hatched we had to help one out and he is not doing so well, He is laying on its back in the bator and i am worried that he wont make it so i will leave it in there for a little bit and see if he turns around.

Also i have 10 hours of film and i went thru some of it and the second egg took abour 35 to 40 min.

I will get pics on here in the next couple of days
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif

and good luck to everyone else that have eggs in the bator waiting for them to hatch

KYLE

Last edited:
Well the last one that hatched did not dry out and he died and the rest of the eggs did not hatch out today so we got rid of them and we have 22 happy chicks in the brooder bucket

we had one die because it wanted to go swimming in the water
hit.gif
dish so all in all it was a fun experience but we wont do so many at one time next time.

Back
Top Bottom