Day 20

Chickalita

In the Brooder
Jan 13, 2024
it’s day 20 and I had at start 8 silkie eggs and 12 Ameraucana. On day 19 I had 6 silkies hatch and 1 Ameraucana. Should I let time do its thing or should I be worried.

oh, wait! my incubator ran hot in the middle and cold in the corner, day 22 today, and they've been hatching since day nineteen! still have at least one to go, so you should wait a couple days.

oh, wait! my incubator ran hot in the middle and cold in the corner, day 22 today, and they've been hatching since day nineteen! still have at least one to go, so you should wait a couple days.
I’ll wait. I only moved the eggs closer to the middle since the little guys knocked them all to the very sides during hatch. Our temps have fluctuated from 98-101 throughout the process but humidity was always the same. They’re some healthy looking showgirls

I’ll wait. I only moved the eggs closer to the middle since the little guys knocked them all to the very sides during hatch. Our temps have fluctuated from 98-101 throughout the process but humidity was always the same. They’re some healthy looking showgirls
yeah. my incubator has trouble holding heat, so the middle where the main thermometer is needs to be set high, at 101, while the corner thermometer/ hygrometer measures the temp at 97.5 degrees fahrenheit, which is the bare minimum, but it still gets the job done.

Back
Top Bottom